Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my mustang but driving scat pack felt like a true muscle car... realistically can i hang with them (when i get better tires) or i need to but money in it.. i see reports of sup 4 sec 0-60 stock scat pack on slicks.... im trying to fig what way to go. Its not daily driver but will drive out of town.... maynr a little guidence

·
Registered
329 Posts
Scat is faster than the Gt out of the box. Are you trying to make a GT faster? Tune, 302 boss intake manifold, 150 shot and tires was going to be my plans if I got the stang. Should be low 11's (high 10's on a perfect run on the perfect day at the perfect track lol)

·
Registered
329 Posts
You should already be walking away from the GT's.

The new SS's are a beast though. If you're auto, I would get a good set of tires under it and get a tune or Tazer for the quicker shifting. Beyond that, it's going to get expensive. lol

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well alright. You are serious! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You should already be walking away from the GT's.

The new SS's are a beast though. If you're auto, I would get a good set of tires under it and get a tune or Tazer for the quicker shifting. Beyond that, it's going to get expensive. lol
stock ScatPack wont be walking away from the 2018 GT mustang Auto's. they are running 12.0's already and there have been reports of cars in the 11's

·
Registered
329 Posts
stock ScatPack wont be walking away from the 2018 GT mustang Auto's. they are running 12.0's already and there have been reports of cars in the 11's
Wow, how'd they manage to drop over a full sec in the 1/4 with only a 30HP and 20TQ bump in power? The 10 speed auto really that good?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, how'd they manage to drop over a full sec in the 1/4 with only a 30HP and 20TQ bump in power? The 10 speed auto really that good?
well it's got more torque and hp throughout the rpm range as well as the extra 30 hp at peak and the 10 speed. it really is that fast.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
well it's got more torque and hp throughout the rpm range as well as the extra 30 hp at peak and the 10 speed. it really is that fast.

A non PP GT with the auto is faster than the gt350 to 60....4.0 flat. The PP gt with auto is a sub 4.0 to 60 The when one is broken in and hooks its gonna be fast. I never did better than 4.0 to 60 in my a8 Stingray..My Stick Scat Pack is 4.5 to 60.....leaving easy.

So yes it really is that fast... :cheers: and 7500 redline...and port and direct injection....

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Park next to one and you will visually see why they are fast...the challenger is a boat...and I love it!

For the +15 models 7 to 8 grand is what a supercharger will run you alone. Heck, LT headers range from $1300 to $1600.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Long tube headers and a custom tune are the best NA mod for added hp. The 5.7s cars really wake up with headers but you should still be able to net around 25hp with long tubes and a tune on your Scat Pack's 392.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
My Scat Pack is already in the 11s 1180 as a matter of fact at Sonoma Raceway on Nov 1 2017

·
Registered
235 Posts
My Scat Pack is already in the 11s 1180 as a matter of fact at Sonoma Raceway on Nov 1 2017
A 100% Bone stock 2018 Mustang Gt with 10 speed Auto just ripped off a 11.89 and that was stock all season radials and full weight( nothing removed) Ford definitely stepped up their game with the Mustang GT this year

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
A 100% Bone stock 2018 Mustang Gt with 10 speed Auto just ripped off a 11.89 and that was stock all season radials and full weight( nothing removed) Ford definitely stepped up their game with the Mustang GT this year
Yes, but two things. First, a stock scat pack can do this too, maybe not as easily but only because it's harder to get traction with our heavier weight and smaller tires...but again, people have been doing this for 3 years now. Second, it is the drag racing hero season with all cars running about a half second quicker than they run in the summer. The Mustangs have finally caught up to us, just like the Camaros did last year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw where that was the case but with SVE Springs, SVE Resonator Delete, Weld RT-S Wheels, Mickey Thompsons Tires, and Passenger and Rear Seats Removed. lmr.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
I saw where that was the case but with SVE Springs, SVE Resonator Delete, Weld RT-S Wheels, Mickey Thompsons Tires, and Passenger and Rear Seats Removed. lmr.com
different car and driver.. supposedly nothing removed or altered from car as delivered. there is to be a Mag article regarding it any day now.

I agree this is a great time to be driving and buying Muscle Cars. all of the Big 3 are hitting home runs

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Who cares. Ford managed to make the new Mustang even uglier with the new front and tail treatment. I thought maybe they'd address the awkward hood slope with this update but they made it worse by making the nose slope down even more. Plus, they ruined the cool looking taillights (the best part of the '15-'17 Mustangs). The Camaro is fast too but it's even worse looking than the new Mustang.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts