Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got your attention!

I test drove one tonight and while the sales guy was showing me the info screen, Top Speed showed up with the numbers 179 following it. WTF? Did someone blast this thing up to 179 somewhere?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Got your attention!

I test drove one tonight and while the sales guy was showing me the info screen, Top Speed showed up with the numbers 179 following it. WTF? Did someone blast this thing up to 179 somewhere?

I would say yes! I was going to say maybe they did it on rollers as it came off the line, but the speed is now
measured on the front wheels so that means they had to be going 179 too :)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
I would say yes! I was going to say maybe they did it on rollers as it came off the line, but the speed is now
measured on the front wheels so that means they had to be going 179 too :)
If this is the case, so much for break in procedures, unless we're expected to just goose it right out of the showroom.
I don't think I'd be to happy seeing that kind of max. speed on my screen!:disgust:

·
Registered
63 Posts
just my opinion/practice... I've never really followed break in procedures... I drive them like I want to off the lot. I don't beat on new cars, but I don't baby them. I know potentially every test drive up until the purchase was likely done to check out the acceleration/speed. Only difference is you have digital evidence now (which I'm not a fan of). I have owned many cars... the only time that there was maybe a related issue was with my 2000 Camaro SS... it burned a little too much oil, but it also made alot more power than it should have based on my dynos compared with others... go figure.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think there's another thread of this exact thing here already..I swear i was reading it yesterday. But short answer seemed that everyone that checked all had the 179mph registered so it's most likely some sort of code check/setting for that part of the software.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I think there's another thread of this exact thing here already..I swear i was reading it yesterday. But short answer seemed that everyone that checked all had the 179mph registered so it's most likely some sort of code check/setting for that part of the software.
That wouldn't surprise me...since it's all electronic, they probably hook the modules up to station-check them at the factory to make sure they are receive the input signal correctly.

I really don't see a manufacturer (much less a dealer) taking a customers car on a 179 mph "joy ride" as a matter of practice.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah there was another thread on this with other people stating they too have seen the 179 top speed. I doubt there are this many new Scat Packs being driven to their max potential at least on any public streets or highways. The risk factor for both life and law is too great when you consider all the things that can happen on the roadway.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
So basically what this means is unless there is a reset, you cannot record you own top speed, unless of course it is > 179

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone did take it up to that, I would think it happened before it got to the dealership. It was the best dealer experience I have ever had. Couple of very stand up and down to earth guys.

That's such a high speed and the reason I brought it up. It would take a while to reach it and I just don't see someone doing it.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Where did you get this info?

This was mentioned by one of the SRT engineers. This was done to stop the inaccurate 0-60 times due to massive wheel spin.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,234 Posts
IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

On my way now to dealer to pick her up!

Rainy weather, but will post pix ASAP

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Vegas Scat Pack!!

Came in last evening to dealer! Should be picking up Saturday!

Sublime 6.4 Scat Pack ordered 7/9
Auto
NAV
Sunroof
Leather Interior Group
Scat Pack Appearance Group
Sound Group II

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Came in last evening to dealer! Should be picking up Saturday!

Sublime 6.4 Scat Pack ordered 7/9
Auto
NAV
Sunroof
Leather Interior Group
Scat Pack Appearance Group
Sound Group II

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
Nice! I want some interior pics of those options :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts