Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to change out rear brake pads, ordered Car Quest Platinum from Advance Auto and they are too small. Advance Auto says that their part number PXD1057H is the correct size for this vehicle, looked at ones for a Scat Pack and they are not correct either. Has anyone else had this sizing issue with a Shaker? Attaching picture of pad off of my Shaker, can anyone identify? Not looking for high performance or anything like that. Thank you.

·
Vendor
13,246 Posts
driven by vin number, at least 4 or 5 possibilities depending on year and model

best guess br5 or br6 brakes, need your vin number to verify

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,321 Posts
From the looks of this your also going to need a set of Rotors.... If they are not groved with that much wear Im sure they are warped...

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
From the looks of this your also going to need a set of Rotors.... If they are not groved with that much wear Im sure they are warped...
How can you tell how much wear from the back of the pad?
And OP, what front brakes do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
went to change out rear brake pads, ordered Car Quest Platinum from Advance Auto and they are too small. Advance Auto says that their part number PXD1057H is the correct size for this vehicle, looked at ones for a Scat Pack and they are not correct either. Has anyone else had this sizing issue with a Shaker? Attaching picture of pad off of my Shaker, can anyone identify? Not looking for high performance or anything like that. Thank you. View attachment 1009852
What year/model/engine/front brakes do you have?

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Says it's a 2015 Shaker so guessing he has the BR6 brakes.

If you look at 2015 the build sheets, on Super Track Pack cars it will say Performance Brakes and you do not see that on cars without STP so that's my guess, BR6.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Says it's a 2015 Shaker so guessing he has the BR6 brakes.

If you look at 2015 the build sheets, on Super Track Pack cars it will say Performance Brakes and you do not see that on cars without STP so that's my guess, BR6.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ah, missed that right in the header, so not Dynamics package either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts