Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there was a factory option for quad tipped exhaust on a srt 392 from 2015? I'm going to test drive a used one next week and noticed the tips are quad and round. They look great but I was under the impression they only came with dual rectangular shaped ones like on my R/T.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
No quad round OEM option. They came with "Bright Tips". That's either aftermarket exhaust and /or tips

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
(y)

A Guy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got another one. I know, I'm needy....Seems to be conflicting information in a few threads I found.
Does a 2015 SRT 392 (6 spd) have active exhaust? It's not on the build sheet or sticker when I used the VIN.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
Yes, all 2015 Hellcat, SRT 392, and Scat Packs have active exhaust. You can look at the exhaust back near the rear wheels and see them

A Guy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, all 2015 Hellcat, SRT 392, and Scat Packs have active exhaust. You can look at the exhaust back near the rear wheels and see them
View attachment 977450

A Guy
Much obliged! I knew what to look for once I arrived but I was curious and was finding conflicting info. Possibly picking up a used one this week or next. I'm hoping it has stock exhaust and only the tips were replaced. Only has about 3000 miles and it's a 2015 but I know some are just ate up enough to do it, lol. Never in a million years did I dream I would get the 'same' car more than once, albeit from an R/T plus to SRT392.

Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I'd like to hear some insight from others...I can get a 5 year or 75,000 warranty for $1600. It's a 'maxcare' warranty through carmax and it covers mechanicals but not wear items, seems pretty standard as far as coverage goes. Transferable etc.

The kicker: from what I read the closest shop is 80 miles away. (it does have excellent reviews)
Normally I would just pass on an extended warranty but with the components of the 392 being so much more expensive than my R/T it has me thinking I should go for it. Rear diff. went out in my car at about 13000 miles and I'm not sure what something like that would cost on an SRT out of warranty. Brembo calipers, adaptive suspenstion etc... Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Much obliged! I knew what to look for once I arrived but I was curious and was finding conflicting info. Possibly picking up a used one this week or next. I'm hoping it has stock exhaust and only the tips were replaced. Only has about 3000 miles and it's a 2015 but I know some are just ate up enough to do it, lol. Never in a million years did I dream I would get the 'same' car more than once, albeit from an R/T plus to SRT392.

Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I'd like to hear some insight from others...I can get a 5 year or 75,000 warranty for $1600. It's a 'maxcare' warranty through carmax and it covers mechanicals but not wear items, seems pretty standard as far as coverage goes. Transferable etc.

The kicker: from what I read the closest shop is 80 miles away. (it does have excellent reviews)
Normally I would just pass on an extended warranty but with the components of the 392 being so much more expensive than my R/T it has me thinking I should go for it. Rear diff. went out in my car at about 13000 miles and I'm not sure what something like that would cost on an SRT out of warranty. Brembo calipers, adaptive suspenstion etc... Thoughts?
My AC went out at around 65K and my extended warranty covered the $1,500 job for $100.

That alone was worth the warranty I bought. Try to negotiate them down from $1,600 thats hefty

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up doing a hard pass on the SRT 392 from Carmax. With only 2750 miles on it the interior was pristine as you'd expect but the exterior (pitch black) had only been wiped down by a small child with steel wool...haha it was a mess. Several decent scratches and one 6 inch scratch that was through the paint. I knew at first sight it wasn't up to my standards or expectations. There was a flomaster catback and it sounded pretty good but too loud for my taste and delivered a pretty nasty drone at certain RPM's that would vibrate the whole interior for a second or two. I was shocked at how much more comfortable I found the seats to be compared to my R/T with full leather...not just the material but the padding was cushier....my biggest complaint is the seat in my car...just doesn't fit me quite right. That adaptive suspension? Oh my...I'm in love. So that wasn't the one for me but I'm on the hunt for one for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts