Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad I listened to ViChris that was telling me not to listen to the people who were against mid-muffler deleted. Why? It sounds like a freaken beast now!! Mid Muffler delete made my car sound alive. A stock Scat Pack was sounding better next to my SRT 392 and I just could have that! Mine actually sounds better than a stock Hellcat now!

- Ok, here is the next question. The resonators in the back. Now that I have straight pipe in the middle I might want to change the resonators in the back and the tips need be. Is there a good or better solution out there than what is on there stock?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Unless Dodge has changed something with the new models, you should have one of the best reso's designs. Usually the 392's have a straight through design. The 5.7 auto's have a reso with an internal J-pipe that basically kills the muscle car sound.

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
If it sounds that nice then maybe just do new tips for a new look if you'd like.
Post a sound clip if you can.

·
Registered
710 Posts
So glad I listened to ViChris that was telling me not to listen to the people who were against mid-muffler deleted. Why? It sounds like a freaken beast now!! Mid Muffler delete made my car sound alive. A stock Scat Pack was sounding better next to my SRT 392 and I just could have that! Mine actually sounds better than a stock Hellcat now!

- Ok, here is the next question. The resonators in the back. Now that I have straight pipe in the middle I might want to change the resonators in the back and the tips need be. Is there a good or better solution out there than what is on there stock?
I have straight pipes from the cats back. LOVE it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRCttKCr3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuyjjRdeDM

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! :wink3:
*Update, after a couple days I hated the drone. I wish I wouldn't have deleted them, I put the factory mufflers back on and looking for a solution. Talking to my SRT Tech in the morning.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
*Update, after a couple days I hated the drone. I wish I wouldn't have deleted them, I put the factory mufflers back on and looking for a solution. Talking to my SRT Tech in the morning.
Are you still so happy you didn't listen to anyone's advice now?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you still so happy you didn't listen to anyone's advice now?
Absolutely not. I wish I would have listen to everyone. I am not so prideful I cannot admit my mistakes. But I have never done anything noted in life by listening to people. I either make mistakes or discover something amazing and new in the process. This time it was a mistake. Since my exhaust is all botched up now I will probably go with Corsa or Mopar Performance once they come available.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
IMO Corsa is too raspy and doesn't belong on the challenger. It's more of a sports car sound. Every aftermarket exhaust system will have drone especially with an auto tranny. I've listened to both systems (Corsa and the 15 sp and srt) in person and I prefer the oe active exhaust. Save your money. You're exhaust is not botched up. Nobody looks under the car. But I gotta feeling you won't take our advice again. By the way the sp and srt exhaust sound the same.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
419 Posts
Absolutely not. I wish I would have listen to everyone. I am not so prideful I cannot admit my mistakes. But I have never done anything noted in life by listening to people. I either make mistakes or discover something amazing and new in the process. This time it was a mistake. Since my exhaust is all botched up now I will probably go with Corsa or Mopar Performance once they come available.
Well,I have to admit,I'm somewhat the same-have to find out things for myself-however that being said -sometimes advice from people that have been there and done that is worth considering for sure

·
Registered
576 Posts
The SP, SRT and Hellcat have the same exhaust... Hellcat sounds a little different because it's a 700+ hp supercharged motor...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Keep an eye on the forum section where people sell/trade/give away parts. Surely there will be someone else like you who will remove the entire stock system and have no use for it. You can grab one that is not hacked up and resume listening to the factory exhaust note once again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep an eye on the forum section where people sell/trade/give away parts. Surely there will be someone else like you who will remove the entire stock system and have no use for it. You can grab one that is not hacked up and resume listening to the factory exhaust note once again.
Good call. Mine is in good shape for now but that might be a solution if I were to stay stock and not go Corsa Xtreme later this year which is my plan.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Well,I have to admit,I'm somewhat the same-have to find out things for myself-however that being said -sometimes advice from people that have been there and done that is worth considering for sure

I'm kinda the same way but it wasn't like a 50/50 or even 60/40 said don't do it. It was like 95/5 saying the same thing. Don't do it. Oh well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
627 Posts
Exhausts are funny things. You first get one, think it sounds great. Drive around, think, this is awesome. Then, drive it to work a few times, get stuck in traffic, bog down, and get into that drone cycle over and over and suddenly that wonderful sounding exhaust isn't so great anymore. I had my aftermarket exhaust on my 2011 for 3 weeks before I put the stock exhaust back on. Its still sitting in my basement. I've had louder exhausts and louder cars, but none droned worse than this and the MDS is just awful on these cars.

I've had Corsa on 2 different cars, and they don't drone, but they aren't very deep sounding either (which is why they don't drone). You have to really get on the gas to hear them. I always ended up swapping out my Corsas for louder exhausts, a very expensive habit to get into. I'm sticking with stock systems from now on and my next Challenger will be 100% stock, just like my current one (only my new one will never have the exhaust taken off and put back on). What a waste of money. But, live and learn.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exhausts are funny things. You first get one, think it sounds great. Drive around, think, this is awesome. Then, drive it to work a few times, get stuck in traffic, bog down, and get into that drone cycle over and over and suddenly that wonderful sounding exhaust isn't so great anymore. I had my aftermarket exhaust on my 2011 for 3 weeks before I put the stock exhaust back on. Its still sitting in my basement. I've had louder exhausts and louder cars, but none droned worse than this and the MDS is just awful on these cars.

I've had Corsa on 2 different cars, and they don't drone, but they aren't very deep sounding either (which is why they don't drone). You have to really get on the gas to hear them. I always ended up swapping out my Corsas for louder exhausts, a very expensive habit to get into. I'm sticking with stock systems from now on and my next Challenger will be 100% stock, just like my current one (only my new one will never have the exhaust taken off and put back on). What a waste of money. But, live and learn.
Sounds like I am in a similar boat. lol

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I had a Corsa Extreme on my 13 R/T, and while it was better than stock, it wasn't loud enough. But I wasn't willing to discard a $1000+ exhaust system. So I lived with it.

I have a buddy with a Flowmaster system on his and it sounds killer outside the car. Inside? Not so much. Drone is terrible.

Fast forward 2 years and I now have a 15 Scat Pack with the exhaust that I very much wish my Corsa sounded like. I seriously doubt that I'll be touching this system.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Having gone through so many aftermarket exhaust on so many cars in the past it was always the same issue with drone especially the V8 cars. Changed the exhaust on the last few SRTs I had because the old cars kinda needed them. The 2008 cars had that horrible suitcase that also weighed a ton. I had gone with the Mopar and the drone was allot less than others almost none. On the 2015 SRT did an awesome job of striking a really good balance between great sound at WOT and a really nice sounding exhaust the rest of the time. You can make it louder however it wont sound better and you will have to live with the consequences.

At the end of the day its about preference, taste and style...

My recommendation on the 2015 is stay stock, its the best sounding OEM exhaust on any American V8 car I have owned or heard ever...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Having gone through so many aftermarket exhaust on so many cars in the past it was always the same issue with drone especially the V8 cars. Changed the exhaust on the last few SRTs I had because the old cars kinda needed them. The 2008 cars had that horrible suitcase that also weighed a ton. I had gone with the Mopar and the drone was allot less than others almost none. On the 2015 SRT did an awesome job of striking a really good balance between great sound at WOT and a really nice sounding exhaust the rest of the time. You can make it louder however it wont sound better and you will have to live with the consequences.

At the end of the day its about preference, taste and style...

My recommendation on the 2015 is stay stock, its the best sounding OEM exhaust on any American V8 car I have owned or heard ever...
Good call.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
HoustonSRTguy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing