Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, here is what I have going on. A mouse got into my engine bay and decided to chew the wiring to the injector on the number 3 cylinder. I got a P0203 and P0302 code. I swapped the coil and injector with the number 5, repaired the wires and its still missing and throwing a P0203 code. Any ideas??? Could it have fried the part of the PCM that controls the number 3 injector? I disconnected the battery after swapping the parts around and could never get rid of the CEL.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Isn't P0302 cylinder 2 misfire? Also could be you have more spots were the critter chewed wires (check PCM, near rear of engine near fire wall)

BTW you can check here for any connector repair kits:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit

I hate rodents...had a squirrel ruin 4 sets of xmas lights chewing wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mistake, its a p303 for cylinder 3. i can not find anywhere else at all that has been chewed.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Looks like you used crimp-on connectors, are you sure you have a solid connection? I would have soldered the wires as the crimp-on type suffer from corrosion. Also did you remove the injector connector? It is possible it is not sitting properly. When I install my SC I noticed one of the connections did not snap into place (I pushed on the red tab which locked it before it snapped into place). I don't think the PCM is faulty as you still are getting power to the all the injectors and the trigger just switches to ground....but I am not 100% certain. Attached is the schematic for the injectors which is not terribly helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its at the dealership, ill post the outcome when i find out... they told me that the insulation for the wires they use has peanut oil in it, and the pack rats love to eat it.... wtf?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That is a true statement. Had a buddy with a GT350 get his wiring harness chewed to bits by the little bastards in only a few weeks of sitting. I put moth balls around mine.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
When storing mine for winter, I put dryer sheets inside the car and inside the engine bay - in the air box etc... I also put them in the wheels rims. I then encircle the cars perimeter with mothballs so no rodent can get to the underneath of it. Finally, I put rags in the tail pipes so they can't get in that way. It looks kind of funny but not one rodent in 4 years has yet penetrated my Challengers force field! Sorry to hear about that mouse - that really hurts!

Reactions: Dco2160

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the reply's, turns out the chewed wires fried the pcm, dealership wants 1350 dollars to fix it. Also, USAA will cover it under my auto insurance! so theyre gonna deposit the money minus the deductable. So i could get it fixed for 500 dollars basically... now im looking into the diablo pcm

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
thanks for all the reply's, turns out the chewed wires fried the pcm, dealership wants 1350 dollars to fix it. Also, USAA will cover it under my auto insurance! so theyre gonna deposit the money minus the deductable. So i could get it fixed for 500 dollars basically... now im looking into the diablo pcm
$1350 is a rip off. Ever thought about an unlocked PCM? It's programmed to your vin and mileage. You don't need a tuner BUT if you ever decide to mod the car down the road you are half way there.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Perfect time to do an unlocked PCM.. get the $1350 minus $500, shell out $800 on a trinity and unlocked pcm,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts