Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some post on these error codes that popped up on my dash and all pointed to replacing the ABS speed sensor. Both of these popped up at the same time when I turned the car on. Found the part but its called SENSOR-ANTI-LOCK BRAKES. I am assuming the part is the same just called differently. Would anyone know after replacing these if the warning lights will disappear or will they still be stored in the computer? Would they need to be cleared out by a reader? Would there really be a difference other than price by using MOPAR parts vs generic?

I don't have a reader so taking a stab at replacing both front ones and see what happens. Appreciate the thought on this.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Run a true diagnostic on it and find the real problem. Most likely the code will need to be cleared after the work is done.

For me, I always use OEM parts. Caveat emptor.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
the OEM ABS sensors aren't that expensive.

Both fronts are the same part #, the left rear and right rear are different due to the length of the pigtail

the vehicle will clear the codes itself once the fault is remedied. You're better off having a parts store scan it - you have four of them and its better to replace the faulty one vs. the shot-in-the-dark approach.

Reactions: ibideb

·
Registered
95 Posts
Run a true diagnostic on it and find the real problem. Most likely the code will need to be cleared after the work is done.

For me, I always use OEM parts. Caveat emptor.
Thank you Stitches1974 for the reply. I did get the part and went with OEM.

the OEM ABS sensors aren't that expensive.

Both fronts are the same part #, the left rear and right rear are different due to the length of the pigtail

the vehicle will clear the codes itself once the fault is remedied. You're better off having a parts store scan it - you have four of them and its better to replace the faulty one vs. the shot-in-the-dark approach.
Hal H thank you. My local Autoparts places had non working scanners but I texted everyone in my contacts list and someone had a scanner I could borrow. Discovered it was the front right and was able to get the part replaced over the weekend and the codes cleared up. You are right, better to know than the shot in the dark approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts