Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking into a trans swap for my 2015 SRT 392 challenger.

(Backstory) I bought my car as a rebuilt title for around 20k lifters went about 3k miles later and I ended up doing an entirely forged block with a 270 comp cam from HHP I plan on boosting it eventually just haven’t decided whether I want to do turbos or SC. My goal is 800ish to the crank and somewhere over 700 Whp I’ve already got my over 7k invested in my motor and since it’s a rebuilt title it has no trade in value so don’t even suggest it lol.

I currently have an Auto ideally I want a manual but if its way to complicated then I probably won’t.

My Main questions are Has any one ever looked into a hellcat trans swap? What’s involved with that I’d imagine some kind of tuning for it.

Who all has done manual swaps on here I heard of someplace that sells full swap kits if anyone has the link to that. And what kinda of power can the manuals hold up too or would I need to swap for a hellcat manual.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Same dilemma for me. Procharged 426 in my ’15 SRT A8. I went ProCharger, hoping to get a few miles out of the HP70, since the power comes in a little later in the rev. range. My engine builder has had success transplanting HP90’s and HP70 upgrade kits. I just need to think about it for a while and save up more coin before the trans. pukes. Holding it back to 700 wheel and staying away from a drag radial setup, to keep my slippy tires back there as a fuseable link for now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I have a 6 spd in mine but I am now considering a TH400 or 4L80E with manual shift and trans brake from Rossler transmission. 4L80E with manual shift and the right 4 gears and the right rear end in the car and I think I can see high 7's in the quarter mile and thats my goal. So thats why I say it depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your car.

And I havent had any problem out of my 6 speed manual but I have a mccleod 1200 clutch in it, so if you are trying to go that route try to get an over 1000 HP rated clutch at least and I would think you would be fine unless you bend a fork trying to shift to fast or something like that. The Tremec 6 speeds seem to hold power pretty well but if you go to the track and dont see the time that matches your HP you might want to consider what I am about to look at doing on my car, which is either a TH400 or 4L80E transmission. Autos will shift quicker its a proven fact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts