Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
current setup: 2015 SRT, Whipple, Modern Muscle SC Cam, Compression set to 10.1:1, MDS system removed, Cam phase limiter installed, Forged Rods and Pistons.

We are using HP Tuners.

Car runs great, driveablity on street is fantastic, no compressor surge and all seems well. Then from a stop sign, or a red light or even pulling out of a parking space, as soon as I touch the throttle it stalls. Not every time though, it is random. Sometimes it does not happen at all, other times it will happen 2 times in a row and then crank up and take off like it never happened.

The car is tuned by a professional and not myself. The tuning was done remotely so I have the tunes files and the base files. I also have a data log of the error, but I am not able to pinpoint what is causing the problem exactly. I can see the Short Term Fuel Trims drop when it stalls, but I am not sure where in the tune this is being caused, or if this is even the issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'd find a local tune shop with a dyno and Hemi experience. Makes a world of difference and will be worth the coin.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
I have a similar issue on my 2015 SRT though not as severe. Try resetting adaptives and see if it clears up. About every 300 miles I need to reset mine and it goes away.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had similar issues with my Procharged Scat . on tip in there was a big stumble . when tuner looked at datalog it showed timing being pulled 16 degrees even though PCM had a command of no less than + 4 timing. it was blamed on corrupt software. new software loaded and car is good.. WTF ? I would suggest contacting a shop to remote tune for you. OST,Injected Engineering, HHP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had similar issues with my Procharged Scat . on tip in there was a big stumble . when tuner looked at datalog it showed timing being pulled 16 degrees even though PCM had a command of no less than + 4 timing. it was blamed on corrupt software. new software loaded and car is good.. WTF ? I would suggest contacting a shop to remote tune for you. OST,Injected Engineering, HHP
What do you mean by new software was loaded? Did you change from HP to Diablo or change the ECU?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts