Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking for ideas on setting up my SRT392 for occasional drag racing. Wondering what others have done to improve their times while still retaining active suspension.

I already have Whiteline Cradle Bushings and Billet Trailing Arms, Also a DSS one pc driveshaft and MT ET Street Rs on 18x10 Bravado Tributes.

Regards,
Cody L

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess noone drags there car in here beside u and me
Or they take the Dodge philosophy to heart. "F*** it, just add more power."

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Leave the car in street mode for suspension, track mode for trans, and get some 305 drag radials on the back and some front skinnies on the front. The car will launch like a raped ape like that before any other serious mods.

You could look into getting some drag shocks, but that would likely mess with your active suspension. I think you have the best of both worlds with that setup, just utilize street mode for the suspension so it lets the front end come up higher.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
OP has an SRT which has active suspension. That's why you can't just toss on some drag shocks as it won't be compatible with the active suspension, at least to my knowledge anyway.

If you have a Scat Pack with regular suspension, then you might be able to get some drag shocks on there.

On my Nova I run some Competition Engineering drag shocks set to 90/10 front and 50/50 rear. Front end comes up easy and goes down slow while the back is solid. Helps transfer weight and plant the rear wheels. Not so great for handling, but that car sucks at handling anyway haha!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
What works for me is Track Trans and Sport Suspension...

M/T ET Street S/S @ 19 psi...

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leave the car in street mode for suspension, track mode for trans, and get some 305 drag radials on the back and some front skinnies on the front. The car will launch like a raped ape like that before any other serious mods.

You could look into getting some drag shocks, but that would likely mess with your active suspension. I think you have the best of both worlds with that setup, just utilize street mode for the suspension so it lets the front end come up higher.
This is what I am currently doing. I was hoping for a little more weight transfer than what I am getting. Fingers crossed some Demon parts and software bits find there way down to us mere mortals.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is what I am currently doing. I was hoping for a little more weight transfer than what I am getting. Fingers crossed some Demon parts and software bits find there way down to us mere mortals.

That wheel and tire should dead hook you. So what is the point? Unless you are on a no prep track or you don't have a clue where to set your tire pressure, then you should not need anything else. Maybe post up some time slips so I can see what your 60 foot is etc. Also look up the DA or tell me the weather conditions on those posted. Etc.

If you want to pick your car up I have other ideas I can share , but I am really confused as to why you think you need to improve your suspension (waste of money in my Opinion).

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That wheel and tire should dead hook you. So what is the point? Unless you are on a no prep track or you don't have a clue where to set your tire pressure, then you should not need anything else. Maybe post up some time slips so I can see what your 60 foot is etc. Also look up the DA or tell me the weather conditions on those posted. Etc.

If you want to pick your car up I have other ideas I can share , but I am really confused as to why you think you need to improve your suspension (waste of money in my Opinion).
I should clarify, I was dead hooking until I forged the engine and put on a whipple running 12lbs. I haven't run it much since upgrading because of the ongoing tuning process.

Track prep was not great the night I was out there, there was a 14.5 sec slant six volare on slicks that wouldn't hook either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts