Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two OEM upper reinforcement grilles ordered from south Florida and both have injection molding flaws. The flat tongue that fits to the top of the bumper has a "V" pattern strip that is lighter in color. Also the leading edge has a light streak in places.
How can I have the part examined before it is shipped to get a good one? Maybe order from a different Mopar warehouse supply?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Order from the local dealer, that way if it comes in with a flaw they will just send it back and order another one.

I always order OEM parts locally, for this very reason. Once you become a familiar face to your local dealer parts guy you will likely get discounted pricing and even price matching. I usually don't have a problem getting very close to online parts discounters.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I use to know the local dealer well, but Onedrive bought them out. Although I can get it $80 cheaper online it might be worth it to go through a dealer to get a quality part.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Good point. I use to know the local dealer well, but Onedrive bought them out. Although I can get it $80 cheaper online it might be worth it to go through a dealer to get a quality part.
Don't be afraid to show them the online price. A sale is still a sale, maybe you can get that $80 difference down to $30 or better.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
You might want to see if your local dealer has a parts web site themselves. I noticed with my local dealer that their online prices are discounted just like all the other online dealership prices vs the full retail if you order in person. I order online. They notify me when it's here and I go down and pick it up and save some on shipping too.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might want to see if your local dealer has a parts web site themselves. I noticed with my local dealer that their online prices are discounted just like all the other online dealership prices vs the full retail if you order in person. I order online. They notify me when it's here and I go down and pick it up and save some on shipping too.
Good suggestion. But I live in the Florida Panhandle. Steve White dealership has an ebay site but their in North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Good suggestion. But I live in the Florida Panhandle. Steve White dealership has an ebay site but their in North Carolina.
OK, but there are dealerships where you live right? Go onto your local dealership's web site and under the Parts Dept tab you should be able to order from there. Mine will ask if I want delivery or local pick up when parts arrive.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am considering painting over the discoloring on the upper ABS plastic grille with a Satan Black etching type paint. Don't know what the durability would be.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, but there are dealerships where you live right? Go onto your local dealership's web site and under the Parts Dept tab you should be able to order from there. Mine will ask if I want delivery or local pick up when parts arrive.
Same Price $303 online or in person. Steve White ebay $266

1 - 9 of 9 Posts