Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get 18k out of the stock Pirelli's. I have done several searches and my search skills seem to be failing me. I'd like to go one step wider on the 9.5's, I'd like them to grip in rain and heat (Texas). Seems as if Nitto's, Continentals and the Goodyear are a popular choice. Opinions welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
https://www.discountedwheelwarehous...MIwNb0kqy01wIVBAmRCh0doABiEAQYAyABEgJ7wfD_BwE

I have these and love them. Toyos are my go to brand if I'm not buying Michelins. Good luck.

These are the all-season version:

https://www.amazon.com/Toyo-Proxes-Plus-Performance-Radial/dp/B0089D0LR2

Careful of other models like the Proxes ST2's, they are heavier and cheaper SUV tires without proper speed ratings and harder rubber compounds...not that it matters that much with our land yachts, especially if you just cruise anyway LOL

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
On our 2015 RT plus STP this what we went with .Live in southwest Florida These tires really handle
the heat and rain here . Have about 10,000 miles on them still very satisfied,and they show
very little wear .And reasonably priced

Attachments

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
On my third set of tires with a '15 SRT. Second set were Pirelli 285/40 summers. Got a whopping 5K miles from them. I wanted to stay with 285/40's but the choices are slim to none so now have 285/35 Conti. Extreme Contact Sport Plus. Real happy with them so far and one track day with great results.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I managed to get 18k out of the stock Pirelli's. I have done several searches and my search skills seem to be failing me. I'd like to go one step wider on the 9.5's, I'd like them to grip in rain and heat (Texas). Seems as if Nitto's, Continentals and the Goodyear are a popular choice. Opinions welcome.

Thanks
Hey there, I have been rolling with my BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2's since last year. I have about 10k miles and they probably have about ~50% tread still on them. The caveat? I have done 2.5 track days, a handful of passes down the strip, and a few ~200 mile road trips with the car since I put them on. They stick really well in the rain and in the dry. Those tires were designed for heavy cars like Challengers and Chargers. They have a lip to protect rolling the sidewall with high speed turns and the center tire structure supports the abuse of heavy weight. They are still on my wheels today and I can probably run them another summer or two if I don't do anymore track days (which I probably won't). If all you do is drive them with occasional spirited driving, they will last you a long time. I know a C6 Z06 owner that runs the local Autox club and he runs those tires in the 335 size. Runs them every weekend the entire summer and says he can get a couple seasons until they are completely bald. Great tire in my opinion. Surpassed my expectations.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
777 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts