Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White with red/black interior, only option is driver's convenience group. Only mod is a UPR catch can. Also: full set of weather tech mats, brand new OEM floor mats, custom made lift pads, red hockey stripes.

Those of you that know me understand that I've babied and pampered this car for 27k miles. I'd intended to keep it forever, but alas, things change. It needs a new home where somebody can enjoy it as much as I have.

Gary

She's a little dirty, but there ya go: my garage queen.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
534 Posts
Gary, if you have not yet sold it, you may want to check with Algo at autolendersgo com. They offered me 43K for my 2016 SRT but I could not part with it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,489 Posts
Gary, if you have not yet sold it, you may want to check with Algo.com. They offered me 43K for my 2016 SRT but I could not part with it.
I just did it, they offered me basically exactly what I paid for my 2018, 2 years ago, with 10K less miles.
I feel stupid for not taking it, but not like I can replace it for that money. Maybe trade it, and my Grand Cherokee on a Gladiator, if they existed around here.

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,075 Posts
Gary, if you have not yet sold it, you may want to check with Algo.com. They offered me 43K for my 2016 SRT but I could not part with it.
Algo doesn't look like a car buying website to me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Algo doesn't look like a car buying website to me.

My bad wrong website. It is autolendersgo com.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was just talking to my business partner about buying a home near his house in Indiana for 125k or so. It's gutted and the "flipper" wants out. Looks like it would sell for mid 200's once completed. Might be just the ticket for the extra nickels I could get from my Challenger. Double yer money back sounds good to me.
Concerning White Lightning, the poor thing's still sitting in the driveway: hasn't moved an inch since I posted it up for sale a week ago. That's the problem... I just never seem to drive it. Never thought the day would come when THAT car would not sell. It's such a sweet machine. You guys know me, and you know the history of this car. It has been babied to the point of being OCD, the pedal has never been to the floor under my foot. How sad that guys head up to the dealer to buy these SRTs used, thinking they're getting a better car because it's been "gone over" by the dealer and comes with a 30 day warranty. What a joke. It's a race car for goodness sake. Wayyyy too likely that any used SRT has been put through it's paces by a previous owner. Guys buy these things to RUN THEM. Except guys like me. I must be retarded or something, buying a car like this and driving it like gramma. Sweet deal for somebody, but maybe not somebody here on the forum, at least it doesn't look like it thus far.

Well, needless to say, I've got a bit of spare time on my hands and shortly will be getting a little more serious about selling this car. Too bad nobody on the forum wanted it. I would love to keep it in the family here, you guys have been such a blessing to me.
Thank you for the advice above. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time. Though I flip houses on the side with my partner 1200 miles away, I'm constantly doing home repair and renovation here in town for family and friends. Guess it's hard to find a contractor you can trust these days. At least that's what I'm told. I'm going to try to get a little more serious about getting some offers shortly.
Gary

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,972 Posts
The right buyer is out there….it will sell. Good luck

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Was just talking to my business partner about buying a home near his house in Indiana for 125k or so. It's gutted and the "flipper" wants out. Looks like it would sell for mid 200's once completed. Might be just the ticket for the extra nickels I could get from my Challenger. Double yer money back sounds good to me.
Concerning White Lightning, the poor thing's still sitting in the driveway: hasn't moved an inch since I posted it up for sale a week ago. That's the problem... I just never seem to drive it. Never thought the day would come when THAT car would not sell. It's such a sweet machine. You guys know me, and you know the history of this car. It has been babied to the point of being OCD, the pedal has never been to the floor under my foot. How sad that guys head up to the dealer to buy these SRTs used, thinking they're getting a better car because it's been "gone over" by the dealer and comes with a 30 day warranty. What a joke. It's a race car for goodness sake. Wayyyy too likely that any used SRT has been put through it's paces by a previous owner. Guys buy these things to RUN THEM. Except guys like me. I must be retarded or something, buying a car like this and driving it like gramma. Sweet deal for somebody, but maybe not somebody here on the forum, at least it doesn't look like it thus far.

Well, needless to say, I've got a bit of spare time on my hands and shortly will be getting a little more serious about selling this car. Too bad nobody on the forum wanted it. I would love to keep it in the family here, you guys have been such a blessing to me.
Thank you for the advice above. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time. Though I flip houses on the side with my partner 1200 miles away, I'm constantly doing home repair and renovation here in town for family and friends. Guess it's hard to find a contractor you can trust these days. At least that's what I'm told. I'm going to try to get a little more serious about getting some offers shortly.
Gary
HUH?
How does a gutted house for $125k double your money when it sells completed for double your money. If it’s gutted you will drop a chunk getting it completed.

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
A week is not much time.
It only takes one.
They are out there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right. I spoke too quickly. I personally have never doubled my money back on a flip. Though construction costs are significantly cheaper for us due to the connections we have and the fact that we do much of our own work, profits might have been 50 % on that one. Ended up that after seeing the house that we chose not to make any offers as the foundation and basement have water issues and that involves a risk and likely a cost that breaks the budget. We will keep looking. But the deal is certainly representative of what's available in the area.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checked with Dodge dealer today. They offered a lowball price. Not happy about that. Going to talk to ALgo tomorrow morning. We'll see what they offer. Thus far not real impressed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious, but what was the lowball offer? I'm thinking of trading mine in and wonder what the price I could expect will be.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
`34k at the Dodge dealer. Funny that these prices were so far off from my research on this forum. Higher prices or not, guess I'm still seeing wholesale prices that reflect the normal markup that Dodge or ALgo might sell for on the other end. Dodge and ALgo said mine would go for maybe 37 to 38k or so. That said, I'm going to reduce the price on this forum to 37,900.

·
Registered
534 Posts
`34k from both Dodge and ALgo. Funny that these prices were so far off from my research on this forum. Higher prices or not, guess I'm still seeing wholesale prices that reflect the normal markup that Dodge or ALgo might sell for on the other end. Dodge and ALgo said mine would go for maybe 37 to 38k or so. That said, I'm going to reduce the price on this forum to 37,900.
I am surprised that both those offers they both seem low to me have you tried vroom?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not... yet. But I have decided to drop the price. My good deal just became a great deal for somebody.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have not... yet. But I have decided to drop the price. My good deal just became a great deal for somebody.
No kidding man. Somebody will end up with an absolutely pristine SRT

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is. I love the car, and it's painful to have to sell it, but the time has come and the decision is made. Hopefully someone on the forum will snap it up and it will stay in the family here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts