Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,586 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
In the current environment that is a deal. IMO.
Surprised if someone doesn't jump on it.
Yes, it's a 6 (almost 7) year old car. But solid history and very desirable model.
Almost 1/2 the price of new. Hope it finds a good home!

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is. I love the car, and it's painful to have to sell it, but the time has come and the decision is made. Hopefully someone on the forum will snap it up and it will stay in the family here.
Try the kelly blue book instant cash offer on thier website. I tried it yesterday and got an instant cash offer of 34k. Had two dealerships call immediately and both upped the offer to 35.5k for my 2016 392 scatpack 6speed with 19,700 miles on it. I'm in the Chicago area though so that may affect pricing some. That said, I was ready to sell it but when I was looking at the car in the dealer parking lot I couldn't go through with it. The car sucked me back in at the last moment and I had to politely tell the used car manager sorry for the change of heart lol... First time in my life I could actually sell a car for more than I paid for it and I can't do it lol.

That said, whoever buys your car is getting a smoking deal based off current prices right now and will be getting a collectors worthy car once dodge discontinued these monster hemi v8's in two years.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,075 Posts
A lot of these instant offers and things like that melt into a much lower price when it comes time to actually do the deal.

I mean really, why would a company pay retail to buy a car from you? Then there's nothing left in it for them as profit.

I've been toying with selling my Scat, but none of the offers have been good enough for me to take it seriously.

What it looks like, and what it really is have not matched up at all.

Good luck Gary!

Reactions: Big Swede

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Did Vroom a couple of months ago on my 15 SRT Challanger gave me 41K easiest transaction I have ever done on car sale

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I am still stunned that the OP says he has never floored the gas pedal. That is a reason to be put in jail lol. But I agree, don't accept a low ball offer, unless you just need the money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of these instant offers and things like that melt into a much lower price when it comes time to actually do the deal.

I mean really, why would a company pay retail to buy a car from you? Then there's nothing left in it for them as profit.

I've been toying with selling my Scat, but none of the offers have been good enough for me to take it seriously.

What it looks like, and what it really is have not matched up at all.

Good luck Gary!
I hear ya as that most likely is the norm for most cases. But... in today's climate with dealers having next to no new car inventory of the most popular models, they are hurting for clean, sellable cars. I went to two separate dealerships yesterday and the first offer was 34k which matched what the kelly blue book instant offer was. I countered with 36k and they counter offered at 35k. I said 35.5k and they initially stuck to thier 35k until I politely declined that offer a 2nd time and got up to leave and they agreed to 35.5k.
This is in chicagoland area and every market is probably different, but it's worth a shot imo to try the kelly blue book instant offer. In my experience at least, I could have gotten $1500 over the instant offer. But even then I couldn't pull the trigger lol.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,075 Posts
I hear ya as that most likely is the norm for most cases. But... in today's climate with dealers having next to no new car inventory of the most popular models, they are hurting for clean, sellable cars. I went to two separate dealerships yesterday and the first offer was 34k which matched what the kelly blue book instant offer was. I countered with 36k and they counter offered at 35k. I said 35.5k and they initially stuck to thier 35k until I politely declined that offer a 2nd time and got up to leave and they agreed to 35.5k.
This is in chicagoland area and every market is probably different, but it's worth a shot imo to try the kelly blue book instant offer. In my experience at least, I could have gotten $1500 over the instant offer. But even then I couldn't pull the trigger lol.
If you didn't sell the car, it doesn't count.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Happy to say that someone contacted me from the "other" Challenger forum. He was debating on buying new or buying used. We talked for awhile, but though his offer was very close to what I'm asking, he still needed to investigate the prospect of buying a new car. I can certainly appreciate that. I haven't checked out the Kelly or Car Max or Carvana suggestions you guys have given (thank you so much) yet: currently away from home for a few days rebuilding a shed roof shattered by falling branches from monstrous Alabama trees towering overhead. My cousin isn't able to do such things and I'm happy to help out. Besides, hard to argue with all the great food my cousin's wife serves up each night... bachelor heaven for me! Should take a couple more days.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts