Razors edge front strut brace
MOPAR rear strut brace
Hellcat hood & front end
Gloss black painted spoiler, hood, nose and wheels

To be done: Gloss black bumblebee stripe, black gas cap, Hellcat sway bars

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
That's a tidy S/C install, be interesting to see how it compares to a Hellcat power wise, any plans on putting it on a dyno or the track?

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
580 whps at 7 psi of boost, the internals will not take 8+ on stock internals

this is as good as it will get.....more will simply affect reliability dramatically

our common remedy is to replace the short block with the Hellcat short block(we have 9 in stock) and swap springs and pushrods, either use the HC cam or a custom grind, with the HC camshaft and Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats, we get 700 + whps depending on boost and supercharger system

big gas heads fully ported and different pulleys and the limits are off......we have a 2013 SRT with a KB, making 1k whps........1,300 with a slight shot of nitrous.....

the Hellcat short block is absolutely the way to go, compare to building a big expensive short block $5,000 to $7,500, you can buy a HC short block minus cam for less than $4k.

Everything you need to convert a 6.4 Challenger/Charger for approx $6500.

Luke>:)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
580 whps at 7 psi of boost, the internals will not take 8+ on stock internals

this is as good as it will get.....more will simply affect reliability dramatically

our common remedye is to replace the short block with the Hellcat short block(we have 9 in stock) and swap springs and pushrods, either use the HC cam or a custom grind, with the HC camshaft and Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats, we get 700 + whps depending on boost and supercharger system

big gas heads fully ported and different pulleys and the limits are off......we have a 2013 SRT with a KB, making 1k whps........1300 with a slight shot of nitrous.....

the Hellcat short block is absolutely the way to go, compare to building a big expensive short block $5,000 to $7,500, you can buy a HC short block minus cam for less than $4k.

Everything you need to convert a 6.4 Challenger/Charger for approx $6,500.

Luke>:)

Luke,

Say I buy an HC short block instead of fitting Mahale slugs and Molnar rods into my 6.4. Will all my 6.4 ancillaries bolt onto the 6.2 block? I would of course upgrade the springs, pushrods and cam but would keep the stock heads.

That $4K price is VERY tempting!

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Done my Luke at Steve White Motors

Magnuson supercharger @ 7 PSI
MOPAR
Kooks headers & midpipes
Razors edge front strut brace
MOPAR rear strut brace
Hellcat hood & front end
Gloss black painted spoiler, hood, nose and wheels

To be done: Gloss black bumblebee stripe, black gas cap, Hellcat sway bars
WELL DONE! Love it! :)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
^^^ The everything for $6500 is the real story here! I'm not assuming the full build of the OP here, but to be at 580whp with a quality set up...Man, if I was closer.

To Psyopgoat, SWEET BUILD and how is the new power??? :)

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Luke,

Say I buy an HC short block instead of fitting Mahale slugs and Molnar rods into my 6.4. Will all my 6.4
ancilaries bolt onto the 6.2 block? I would of course upgrade the springs, pushrods and cam but would keep the
stock heads.

That 4K price is VERY tempting!
Yes, we did the research and designing of this well over a year ago, we have several cars running around for well over a year now.
Luke

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
^^^ The everything for $6500 is the real story here! I'm not assuming the full build of the OP here, but to be at 580whp with a quality set up...Man, if I was closer.

To Psyopgoat, SWEET BUILD and how is the new power??? :)
6500$ is the conversion kit for the Hellcat short block, what the op had performed was significantly higher, the issue is the 6.4 can only tolerate safely approx 7psi
Luke

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
6500$ is the conversion kit for the Hellcat short block, what the op had performed was significantly higher, the issue is the 6.4 can only tolerate safely approx 7psi
Luke
Thanks for clarifying, I thought that was a little too good to be true ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That looks fantastic. The only thing I would have done differently to make it look like a factory optioned car would be to put the 392 Hemi badges on the hood.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Luke

Luke,

So what's the difference what does 4K get me, what does $6500 get me? If I already have my heads
that I will be re-using (will redo the springs to go along with whatever cam I use) what else do I need
other than the 4K short block?

Thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Luke,

So what's the difference what does 4K get me, what does $6500 get me? If I already have my heads
that I will be re-using (will redo the springs to go along with whatever cam I use) what else do I need

Thanks in advance!
short block minus cam

versus basically everything you need to change out your 6.4 short block including HC camshaft

Luke

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Luke,

Thanks in advance!
everything, push rods, valve spring kit, camhshaft, all required gaskets, timing components, etc
Luke

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Great car! Subscribed.

Luke, I've been going back and forth on the idea of picking up a Hellcat but the loss in trade and added sticker cost has me wondering if it would be cheaper (and more fun) to add a supercharger to my Scat Pack. Without forging the internals, what's the shop time needed for you guys to add one? Wish I still lived up in Charlotte when it comes to this stuff!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts