Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help, I changed my factory 18” to 20” and only the driver side back wheel doesn’t read, at first, I put all 4 new sensors from ebay (not oem), only that position didn’t read, then I replaced with one of the old ones (oem) same issue, I traded place with different wheels, same problem, the 20” came without the sensors, and although they came from a 300, I’ve seen challengers with them too, also if put a 18” back, it works, so different models came with different, I guess computer box for the tire pressure? Or is the issue on the tire sensor, that it needs to be exactly for that size and type wheel? Thanks so much for the help 🙏🏻

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Maybe the TPMS control box, located at the forward area of the right rear wheel well behind the wheel liner, doesn't like mix and match brands of TPMS sensors, and maybe you got the wrong aftermarket ones. The early few years of Challengers had different ones than the approx 2011 and up. Check to make sure the aftermarket ones you bought are for your year car. A good reference is www.TPMS.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the TPMS control box, located at the forward area of the right rear wheel well behind the wheel liner, doesn't like mix and match brands of TPMS sensors, and maybe you got the wrong aftermarket ones. The early few years of Challengers had different ones than the approx 2011 and up. Check to make sure the aftermarket ones you bought are for your year car. A good reference is www.TPMS.com
I will check, thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts