Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looks like my 2015 SXT Plus super track pack tires have worn down after only 28k... completely bald.
I think they're 20" wheels with the super track pack (?), any updated tires recommendation please?

From a really old thread I got 2 recs so far:
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06

But TireRack.com looks to have quite a few other good rating tires.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Most commonly suggested I see:

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S

General G-MAX AS-03

Nitto NT555 G2

For some to look at

A Guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn son your ride looks CLEAN! Looks like you're in the bay too!
Thanks for the rec. I saw saw Michelin Pilot Sport having pretty high ratings as well on TireRack, any thoughts on those?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
I've never run them, but those who do generally like them. There's several versions 4S, Super Sport, Sport A/S 3+. Some like a few of the Pirelli's too.

Yes, on the peninsula, and thank you, it keeps itself clean >:)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
I'm on the original Firestone Firehawks. Only 8000 miles on my car ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome.

Just ordered 4 continentals. Will report back on how they work out.
I'm also looking into windows tinting if you have any recs lol
Brands, %, what to look out for, etc. (I know nothing about it...)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Tint depends on what you can get away with in your area. Here in CA any tint on front side windows is illegal. That said, many do 35% which is where it starts to be you can't see who is in the car. My last car I had 50% sides for 21 years with no issue. I'd have liked to do 35%, or even darker, but plan to keep this car a long time, so I went 45% sides, and 18% rear (any % is legal on rear if you have two outside rear view mirrors). I got the Suntek CXP carbon tint.

https://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cxp.aspx

https://www.suntekfilms.com/Files/SunTek Auto Specs.pdf

There are several choices of good, non-metallic (No signal degradation) tints available.

Glass/Window Tinting - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

A Guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude you're a rockstar!
I'm considering 40% for the front and might have to look in-person to see how dark I can get for the rear.
As for the tint types... what's the difference between carbon, ceramic? I read somewhere that 3M Chyrstallined is pretty good.

My local tint guys said they have Dante (?) and 3M for tinting.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
I can't tell you specifics, but a well known brand like the 3M is also good. A good tint shop should be able to tell you the differences. Mostly heat and UV rejection, carbon/ceramic is non metallic, important for phone/satellite, radio reception. How colorfast the film is, will it fade, turn purple (cheap films). Warranty on film (and installation by the shop). I can tell you that while 18% sounds pretty dark, for rear window, I hardly notice it's there, even at night, no issue. For the sides, since it's pretty much illegal, it's generally about law enforcement's feeling of safety...being able to see the occupants, and what they are doing. You can get pulled over just for tint, but as I mentioned, many go darker, and assuming you drive normally, even that may be OK.

You can go Limo, 5% for the rear legally, but how well you can see out at that point is the issue. I went the same for all side windows, but you can go darker on the quarter windows as well. I wanted them to look the same. The quarter windows generally look darker anyway because of their size, and the background which is the interior, as opposed to the fronts which is the opposite window. My shop wouldn't warranty the installation on the front windows since it's basically illegal. The film has the warranty, but not their installation. They are the best in town, and I waited almost 3 months to get it done with them, so it wasn't a worry.

Different brands have different tint levels available. Mine had 35, 45, 55. You can do clear tint on windshield for heat/UV rejection. You can also tint a certain percentage just a strip at top, etc. It's listed in that tint law link I posted. If your shop is highly regarded, they can answer your questions, can usually show you samples, and even cars with varying tint %s, and their work and treatment of your car will be good. Good luck, tint really enhances the look, on any color car.

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts