Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2015 SXT plus from a dealer so I test drove it yesterday and I noticed one thing, when you change from N to D or R or vise versa the car jerks, nothing when shifting gears, it's only when the car is stopped, is that anything more than a driveshaft coupler ?
Anyone have this before ? Or know anything about it ?
Should I proceed with the purchase or it might be a transmission problem ?

Thank you

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would see if they will let you take it to your own mechanic for an inspection. Very well could be the drive shaft center coupling or excessive backlash in the differential. If the dealer won't let you get an independant inspection, I would pass on acquiring this car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
Idle speed not excessively high?

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
433 Posts
Normal. It may lessen if you give the car a minute to warm up and the RPMs drop.

Reactions: F.Majdalz

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,880 Posts
FWIW the 2015s had a few TSBs on transmission

One dealt with shift enhancement.

You can find full TSB listings thru chiltons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idle speed not excessively high?

A Guy
Yes, it's only when the car is idle, when you are driving there's nothing jerking. Only when the car is stopped and you put the gear to D or R that moment when the driveshaft change the direction

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FWIW the 2015s had a few TSBs on transmission
View attachment 994480

One dealt with shift enhancement.
View attachment 994481

You can find full TSB listings thru chiltons.
I think this is more advanced than what's happening now, because as I mentioned there's no problems when shifting, it's only when the car is stopped and you put it to D or R.
But thank you for the information ! I'll keep it for the future

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
Yes, it's only when the car is idle, when you are driving there's nothing jerking. Only when the car is stopped and you put the gear to D or R that moment when the driveshaft change the direction
That's why I asked if the idle was excessively high, causing it to jerk when put into gear...I know computer controlled cars should know, but then again, they shouldn't jerk...

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's why I asked if the idle was excessively high, causing it to jerk when put into gear...I know computer controlled cars should know, but then again, they shouldn't jerk...

A Guy
No idle is normal...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
I know others have mention jerky shifts when cold, but your issue sounds different perhaps

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts