Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2012 SXT PLus, but am starting to consider a 2015 (or even 2016) model.

For you guys that have the 2015 SXT (and SXT Plus), and had previously owned a 2011-2014 SXT or SXT Plus....how does it compare? Specifically, what do you like better about the 2015, and what you thought was better in your pre-2015 SXT or Plus? Please also advise the packages you had (SXT Plus, Super Sport, Super Track Pack, etc.).

I'm not snubbing my 3.5 brothers - I focused on the 2011 v6 and newer because there were more performance packages available and they all had the same engine as the 2015.

Thanks in advance for your input/experience.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
I haven't had a previous model, but my ex did.

Have you been in a 2015 model or seen the inside of one? Total overhaul. Soo much better. Hands down.

8 speed is a dream over the 5/6 speed.

Go test drive one!

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I traded my 13 for a 15 that I traded for my current 15 on Saturday. Everything about the new car is better, in my opinion, and it's at least a half second faster 0 to 60.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dealer almost had me sold on a 2013 SXT but after I got inside the 2015 SXT+ I just had to have that nicer interior, also the back-up camera, not sure if i'd still have a rear bumper on this car without it lol.

·
Registered
2015 SXT plus
58 Posts
I had 2011 sxt plus and a couple months ago traded for a 2015 sxt plus. The very first thing i noticed was the power of the 8 speed. I know it has the same horse power but the 15 feels more powerful. The shift changes through the gears of the automatic are so smooth and fluid. It is so easy to speed, you cant even feel it. The digital speedometer looks more modern. The ride feels smoother. That might be because my 2011 only had 18 inch wheels. Overall i love the 15. More bells and whistles than my 11. Backup camera, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, SD card slot for music, sport mode, and a butt load of menus to check status on every little sensor on the car. Sooo much more than 2011. Daytime running lights with those amber halos are pretty darn cool too. The test drive had me sold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I never had a earleir challenger, but what kept me away from them and towards the other sports car was the old interior. The old interior is really dated. My moms 08 300 has the exact same interior. The 15s are so much better its ridiculous. Also the exterior is a lot better.the tailights are actually led this time around and really give the car that race look. also i have the sxt plus. So i ahve the 20 inch rims, a backup camaerea, spoiler, leather interior, and the ridiculous 8.4 inch screen in the center console.

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
63 Posts
I traded my 2012 SXT for a 2015 SXT-the only difference between my new one and the plus is cloth interior. I am not a big fan of leather. The difference is amazing. It is like sitting in a ****pit of an aircraft. A lot of people ask me if I miss the old one-sure I do,but I could never go back. The new technology incorporated in the 2015 is superb. Do yourself a favor get a 2015.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah unlike ford and chevy, you can actually customize the base models fairly well. so you can get all the added bits in a sxt plus depending on for your liking, but the plus trim throws a lot into the system. for example suspension is the same r/t. spoiler with backup cam. leather . upgraded 276 watt apline system. 8.4 screen. garage opener, 20 firestone with the snowflake design whells. also heated, and ventilated seats. .

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 2015 SXT Plus is my first Challenger, and I never saw the interior of the previous models. I have to say I LOVE this car. I was looking at the Base SXT, but once I added the bigger screen and cold weather package, I was within 1k retail of the Plus. A no-brainer there. I would love a Hemi, but I wanted the leather and other goodies the plus has, and a R/T Plus puts it out of budget for me.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Spend your money on a V8

If you have the money to trade to a new car....get a lightly used 5.7 or 6.4. To trade your car for a later version of same engine size is a waste of time and $$$.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
2015 SXT's get a little better MPG because of the 8 speed tranny.......the ones I've driven on the freeway get 34MPG pretty consistant with the cruise set to 70MPH

2015's are a little faster too because the RPM's stay up in the power band more than the old 5 speed does, no CD player blows though if you're still old school and have CD's.

If you can afford it get a SXT PLUS, very nicely optioned.

Reactions: rghoskins

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go new man, go new! You won't regret a new SXT Plus.

Check out my thread on the CD player I now have 100% hidden in the console compartment. I also upgraded my wheels to the 2014-2015-2016 R/T Classic II's ( see avatar) and slapped on the Challenger fender scripts on each side

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
I can only compare going from a '10 R/TC, to a '16 R/T Scat Pack, and I'm not pushing a V8 in any way.

The '15 "refresh" on this car is considerable IMO. You really have to sit in it, and drive it to know what I'm saying. I loved my R/TC, and I'm loving the Scat Pack even more, and I'm not talking just about the power level.

Seating is as comfortable as I've ever had in any car over the decades, the the dash layout is really nice, not to mention the gages and gage options.

Looks are subjective, so the outside refresh is a personal thing, but I'm liking it in every way too. Overall, I can only say that I feel and see a good change in my '16, compared to my '10.

And yes, that A8 tranny is all what everyone is saying about it, regardless what power plant is in front of it. Simply amazing in every way, from how it shifts, feels, and I really like the new set up for the auto shift function.......push forward to downshift, pull back to upshift. No more "left and right" tugs!

Sit in one and drive one, and I think that you'll know what I'm saying.

Best of luck :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
EVERYTHING is better on the newer models IMO.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2015 SXT's get a little better MPG because of the 8 speed tranny.......the ones I've driven on the freeway get 34MPG pretty consistant with the cruise set to 70MPH

2015's are a little faster too because the RPM's stay up in the power band more than the old 5 speed does, no CD player blows though if you're still old school and have CD's.

If you can afford it get a SXT PLUS, very nicely optioned.
What? I finally switched from cassette to CDs.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although I've never owed a previous model "1st Gen"... I have been inside plenty of them and can tell you I'm extremely happy I waited. I almost made the mistake of buying a used 2010-2014 SXT! Instead, I completely fell in love with the interior of the 2nd Gen Challengers when I went to the LA Auto Show!!! So much nicer inside, so much more technology, more power and better MPG's. Although, I do admit I do like the older exterior 8/ especially the taillights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts