Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the 2015 tail lights. You think they will fit the older challengers?

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
l am going to say this .... l'm not a "hater" BUT l really do not like the tail lights! ......with that said, l do love our Challengers and l am happy for anyone who likes and continues to buy the Best Muscle Car in the World!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am interested in this as well...I like the way they look in the photos but can't wait to see what they really look like in person.

·
Super Moderator
16,623 Posts
Its likely they would - the trunk lid and rear quarters and the same stampings. The mounting holes are possibly the same.

How the rear bumper cover openings are...remains to be seen. The contours and depth of the bumper cover are different (more blunted in length from lights to end of cover). It might require the '15 rear bumper cover to make it all work.

Reactions: brampton builder

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope Dodge would understand the huge potential in parts fitting over model years. Like them or not, huge profits are to be had if they fit

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,400 Posts
I really like the 2015 tail lights. You think they will fit the older challengers?
I would buy them if they were a direct bolt in. They look much closer to the old days....

Reactions: AwesomeBobX64

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
l am going to say this .... l'm not a "hater" BUT l really do not like the tail lights! ......with that said, l do love our Challengers and l am happy for anyone who likes and continues to buy the Best Muscle Car in the World!!! :thumbsup:
I agree. It worked for classic because it was thinner. On the 2015 it looks like old lady glasses

·
Registered
144 Posts
I could go either way...I love how they are at least staying true to the original Challenger because what they have done to the Charger is an abomination! The 2015 Charger is a joke and Dodge should be ashamed...looks like a larger Dart! Way to ruin a great classic musclecar.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Some aftermarket company should get on the stick and make a retrofit kit for 2014 and below Challengers for those tail lights.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I really like them!!! Excellent job by Dodge on this one. Looks more retro to me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wouldn't say they ruined it, and I like both versions of the tail lights, but I sure do HATE the interior! I might have to look at some '70 Challenger rear ends as I am trying to stay old school. If this is closer, It might be something to look into...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,907 Posts
I'd buy a complete retrofit package including the new hood.
By the time you do that, you'd probably be better off buying a new one!

Reactions: keegs and rghoskins

·
Registered
246 Posts
They really do look a lot like the tail ights from a '71.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
That is great news if the 2015 bumpers fit just to see you guys install them!! Value of my 2012 will go up for sure lmfao!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts