Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to tune for meth. Meth is not really compatible with supercharging -- all of the systems I know about are not rated for liquid or a mix going through the rotors or pump. (someone correct me if one is rated for that)

Back to the question. The Scat Pack 6.4L HEMI engine configuration is virtually identical to the SRT8 setup, that's what makes it such a good deal. So you should check to be sure, but expect most SRT8 setups to work. We are already installing the Arrington S/C and Whipples on them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks Tim. I'm want to see what Kenne Bell comes out with for the 392 Hemi cars. I have one of their Mammoths on my SVT Cobra and it's worked nicely. If you need a test car to setup, I'm your Huckleberry... :)

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,456 Posts
Happy to tune for meth. Meth is not really compatible with supercharging -- all of the systems I know about are not rated for liquid or a mix going through the rotors or pump. (someone correct me if one is rated for that)

Back to the question. The Scat Pack 6.4L HEMI engine configuration is virtually identical to the SRT8 setup, that's what makes it such a good deal. So you should check to be sure, but expect most SRT8 setups to work. We are already installing the Arrington S/C and Whipples on them.
The option there is a centrifugal blower that sprays the meth after the boosted air. The meth spray never goes through the blower.

I'm just curious Tim, have you ever seen any rotors on any Roots or Twin Screws eaten up by the meth? I ask because you've seen Alot more blowers than I have.

If you're adding the meth to keep IAT's down, then on a TVS or a Maggie, you could always fit an RDS phenolic spacer under the blower. It's been shown to help control heat soak from the blower. Just an option.

What software do you use to tune the 15's Tim?

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The option there is a centrifugal blower that sprays the meth after the boosted air. The meth spray never goes through the blower.

I'm just curious Tim, have you ever seen any rotors on any Roots or Twin Screws eaten up by the meth? I ask because you've seen Alot more blowers than I have.

If you're adding the meth to keep IAT's down, then on a TVS or a Maggie, you could always fit an RDS phenolic spacer under the blower. It's been shown to help control heat soak from the blower. Just an option.

What software do you use to tune the 15's Tim?

Most people don't try putting the meth spray before the blower, so I haven't seen any personally. I asked around and one of our guys did some experiments a while back and saw some degredation of the coating on the TVS rotors. So I can't say doing that is an automatic "destroy your blower or engine" move, but I am unlikely to try it any time soon.

Spacer under the blower could work fine -- will need a custom tune likely and watch out for hood clearance. There isn't much room to work with a Magnuson or Whipple blower on top.

Diablo and HP Tuners both can tune the 15's -- we tend to use the Diablo because the Trinity is a very good tool for working with customers after delivery.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,456 Posts
Most people don't try putting the meth spray before the blower, so I haven't seen any personally. I asked around and one of our guys did some experiments a while back and saw some degradation of the coating on the TVS rotors. So I can't say doing that is an automatic "destroy your blower or engine" move, but I am unlikely to try it any time soon.

Spacer under the blower could work fine -- will need a custom tune likely and watch out for hood clearance. There isn't much room to work with a Magnuson or Whipple blower on top.

Diablo and HP Tuners both can tune the 15's -- we tend to use the Diablo because the Trinity is a very good tool for working with customers after delivery.
Thanks for the info! I Appreciate it! :cheers:

·
Registered
287 Posts
you can only spray meth on a procharger, vortec style setup. Not on a screw or roots style. It will kill the seals.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
you can only spray meth on a procharger, vortec style setup. Not on a screw or roots style. It will kill the seals.
I spoke to a Magnason tech about 3 yrs ago about using meth. He advised me Magnason will void the warranty on any of their superchargers that were found to have used meth for the same reason: it eats the seals on TVS type superchargers. He also said that one of the superchargers typically last till about 70K before needing an oil change in it; and that is also severely degraded by using meth. Basically, I was strongly discouraged from using a meth system with a Magnason SC.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I spoke to a Magnason tech about 3 yrs ago about using meth. He advised me Magnason will void the warranty on any of their superchargers that were found to have used meth for the same reason: it eats the seals on TVS type superchargers. He also said that one of the superchargers typically last till about 70K before needing an oil change in it; and that is also severely degraded by using meth. Basically, I was strongly discouraged from using a meth system with a Magnason SC.
Yup not a good idea. I believe the magnasson is a screw

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yup not a good idea. I believe the magnasson is a screw
The Magnuson (and the Arrington-improved version) are Roots-type superchargers, not screw. They contain the Eaton TVS 2300 (2.3L displacement) rotor pack, the same technology used in OEM applications for the Audi A7, the Jaguar, Corvette Z06 and the Camaro ZL1 only larger.

I wouldn't put meth through any of the TVS or Screw type S/Cs. Maybe insert after...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah the rotors in the Maggie's have the same number of flutes on the male and female, so the air isn't really compressed like in a Whipple. I'd lo be to see the rotors in a whipple... To compare to the rotors I make for air compressors and refrigeration.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah the rotors in the Maggie's have the same number of flutes on the male and female, so the air isn't really compressed like in a Whipple. I'd lo be to see the rotors in a whipple... To compare to the rotors I make for air compressors and refrigeration.
I don't think this shows you what you want to see. But, here are the Kenne Bell's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts