Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
monopod, still tweaking the tune, but on a 91 octane tune, with 7 psi and the longtubes & no cats, around 600-650 RWHP, once dialed in.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack Challenger
792 Posts
Would this install be roughly the same as a Magnuson install? Meaning same steps.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
monopod, honestly, dunno. I would imagine somewhat the same. still gotta pin the crank, so the front has to come off. and you will still need to tap into the power for the intercooler pump harness. removals( intake manifold, heater core lines, EGR line) for the installation should be for the most part the same as well, I'm sure the Idler setup is different though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So, I didn't like the stock jackshaft cover, so I modified it. I rough cut out the center of the letters with a xacto knife, and with a set of jewelers files, trimmed it out the rest. shoulda came from the factory this way, I'm sure it doesn't because it isn't as strong with the letters centers punched out, but whatevs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
looks great!
Good work there

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT8 Challenger
21 Posts
Thanks for the great info. I had mine installed at Arrington so I did not get the installation manual.
This thread gives me great info if I have a problem and need to work on my whipple system.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,564 Posts
I have no plans of putting any type of blower on, but I Appreciate all of the time and effort that you put into such a detailed and Fantastic installation journal!

Thank You Very Much for sharing it! :cheers:

I can't wait to hear what your car puts down!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,024 Posts
Great write up. Any plans to use drop in forged pistons or do you think this set up with 7 psi of boost will be a safe level? I've thought about doing what you have done but with so many folks that seemed to have problems running boost with the 392 Hemi's kind of got me thinking that the drop in pistons might be necessary. Any thoughts or perhaps info/recommendations as to boost level from the Whipple folks?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
70baracuda, 6 psi is what whipple and what most tuners recommend on a stock block. that being said, yes I am looking to put a forged rotating assembly in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you have to send your ecu in to get "unlocked" to get it tuned? Or did you just go to a dyno and have them set something up? I'm very confused on the tuner part.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
waynemck,

simple process of 2 options with the diablo trinity.

1. buy a new ECU and have it unlocked. then install it in your car and install the new tune.
2. remove your ECU have it sent to the tuner of your choice that will unlock the ECU, then reinstall the ECU once unlocked and then install the new tune.

I opted for option 1 with AJ @ Hemituners, as this leaves me a spare ECU if needed in the future or if I ever put the car back to stock. Also added bonus, there was no down time waiting for the ECU.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow what a great, detailed write up..... Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good day
Your write up was very good , have you done any internal changes ,like forged pistons etc I`m here in the uk would very like to boost my 392 (2014) between 6-7psi still very concerned about the wear and tear inside its about $6000 to buy short block rather than just pistons
it will cost about the same in total for rebore to match new internals what do you think? can you help me be safe
kind regards
Tony

21 - 40 of 110 Posts