Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

Figured I'd make a post about this - I have the harmon kardon system in my 16 392, the overhead console seemed to have a really bad rattle when the bass hit. I dropped the console, stuck some sound dampener on the module that controls the garage door opener as well as one or two other spots were plastic met metal or seemed somewhat flimsy. Problem solved, used maybe a small napkin size worth of leftover sound dampener I had from an audio build (KnuKonceptz dampener ftw). If anyone needs pictures I can take some - also overhead console comes out easy, just pull straight down.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been complaining about this since I got the car. Same exact thing. I would love some photos. It just pulls down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have the same problem, any photos of the pull-down? Also, any tips on getting more power from the HK amplifier?
Yeah! I read somewhere that you can have our radio "flashed" or something and the sound improved....got louder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah! I read somewhere that you can have our radio "flashed" or something and the sound improved....got louder.
You may have been reading about the early 2015 HK systems that had some issues with the amp. My car was one of them. They fixed the issue mid 2015, so anything 2016+ will not have that specific issue.

And yes, it got louder and clearer after the dealer flash.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
What do you mean flashed?
I DON'T KNOW. That is why I said or something. Not really hip on all this modern stuff. I still can't find the tubes!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
They reset the software, updating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you do that with a hammer? Seriously, do you know, would it help our volume? Or are there updates, someone said that is was only for the 2015s. Or say, I DON'T KNOW! (Pee Wee) Lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
i looked online, found an update for uconnect, but its lower than my 2016 currently has (and i used my VIN when getting the download).. dunno if the 2016's have an update.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger SRT
13 Posts
My rattle is coming from the overhead center console where the "homelink" buttons are... I don't want to drop that console down and be unable to stop the rattle and possibly break some plastic pin. Has anyone else had that rattle issue with their overhead console?

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Harmon Kardon rattle

The bass speakers in my trunk must have a lot of horsepower, because they rattle everything including my teeth. Little old ladies with their walkers shake their fists at me.

The bass sounds distorted at louder levels. Can't tell just what's rattling. I just turn down the bass on my equalizer... until it stops distorting.

Not real happy about this, but unsure of what to do to rectify.

Anybody take the car in to a professional audio shop for diagnosis? They deal with bass rattle and distortion issues all the time. Maybe have them take a listen...5 minutes of their time may be worth hours wrestling on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
i looked online, found an update for uconnect, but its lower than my 2016 currently has (and i used my VIN when getting the download).. dunno if the 2016's have an update.
Of course they don't. I think it is me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts