Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Never thought this would even be a comparison but hey its looking like the Hellcat may beat the Vette on the drag strip. What do you think? Which one do you like better?

EDIT: I was reading somewhere that this vette would be "Challenged" by the Hellcat and would possibly lose on the drag strip.......personally I find this hard to believe. Like the rest of you have said the power to weight ratio is significant. I think it said that the z06 vette will be putting out 0-60 times in the mid 3's (3.4-3.6) and the Hellcat at 3.5 or lower.

·
Registered
228 Posts
having owned a Z06 and having a Hellcat ordered, I would say overall the Z06 would win, maybe not in a straight line, but on a track the HC, I highly doubt would beat the vette.
Not really a proper comparison either, as they are different cars for different things.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd expect the ZO6 to have the advantage in both straightline and track. We're looking at a difference in weight of 900 lbs (3500 vs 4400), that's hard to overcome, even with an extra 57hp to the Hellcat.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
not an apples to apple comparison.

lets stay with hellcat to gt500 to zl1 or z28

Reactions: rumpass

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'd expect the ZO6 to have the advantage in both straightline and track. We're looking at a difference in weight of 900 lbs (3500 vs 4400), that's hard to overcome, even with an extra 57hp to the Hellcat.
I traded my 2002 z06 for the Challenger I now have. Very different cars. My z weighed a bit over 3100 lbs., and I don't know the final figures on the '15 Z, but I'm guessing the weight difference will be more than 900. The 0-60 factory stats for my car was 3.9-4 seconds flat. The newZ will beat that handily. As for anything with a curve, forget it. The C7's at Pocono this year blew the doors off everything in their groups without a blink.
As someone else said, different cars, different purposes. I love my SRT8, and the fact that my grandchildren can ride in "Popop's racing car"

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
No comparison, the Z06 is elite, even more elite than the NISMO GT-R and the Challenger Hellcat simply cannot compete. The comparisons are getting a little off course. Hellcat is in competition with the GT500 and ZL-1.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The new Z06 is a supercar. Let's face it. Even though the Hellcat is great and it puts down awesome numbers and can run 10s with drag radials with an automatic, the new Z06 will beat it in every category.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
The difference is in the weight, 900 pounds matters. That being said, the Hellcat is the far more comfortable and useful car. If you have ever done a 250 mile road trip in a Vett, then you know thay you have enjoyed all that you can stand for one day.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Different cars, different purposes

Viper vs. Z06 is much more appropriate, and even the old C6 variants (Z06/ZR1) beat the Viper around the track. The new Z06 is going to be a supercar-slayer.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Camaro ZL1 vs. Challenger SRT Hellcat
2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat All Pages

"Testing director Kim Reynolds summed up the differences in personalities between the Camaro and Challenger best. After lapping the Hellcat as well as a Camaro 1LE that happened to be at the track, he pointed to the Camaro and said it felt like it was designed by McLaren or Red Bull's Formula 1 teams. The Hellcat, on the other hand, "feels like it was developed by [Hot Rod's] Freiburger and Finnegan."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.