Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day and thanks for looking at my question to all. I was curious if I would have any issues with installing long tube headers ....maybe high flow cats as well...but leaving the stock PCM and exhaust on my 2016 Challenger 392. Pros? Cons?

Yes eventually I will do a tune but I am not in a hurry. Looking for a bit more growl and eventually some more power with a blower/forged internals set up.... but that may not be for a while.

Thanks for your advice. It's always appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
From everything I have read, with long tubes a tune is highly suggested. They will cause a lean fuel issue without a tune and you'll get a check engine light with high flow cats. I don't know if would cause a catastrophic failure. People with personal experience will no doubt reply. You certainly won't get the benefit you could until you tune.

A Guy

Reactions: OffDutyPete

·
Registered
680 Posts
Longtubes will need a tune just for the fact that the cats are being moved further downstream. Plus high flow cats will still trigger a CEL.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice. Sounds like it's best to just swap out the PCM as well for an unlocked one and get a tune to avoid problems.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts