Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm interested in doing a battery upgrade to a group 94 Agm in the future. I found a shorter bracket, Mopar 05112059AB in another post. Was wondering if it will fit my car. When I check on other sites, it seems to fit plenty of Chargers and was wondering what the difference is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all,
I'm interested in doing a battery upgrade to a group 94 Agm in the future. I found a shorter bracket, Mopar 05112059AB in another post. Was wondering if it will fit my car. When I check on other sites, it seems to fit plenty of Chargers and doesnt list Challengers. Was wondering what the difference is. I'm thinking its because they come with a not as long of a battery from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
I upgraded my battery to a Bosch Platinum (H7/L4/94R)- their best. The list price was $219.99 but I got 25% off at Pep Boys (ordered from its web site), plus there was a $10 rebate from Bosch. It has 800cca and has glass mat technology which is supposed to make it last a lot longer than a conventional battery.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're an excellent person to ask Sir. Did you use the factory bracket that came with your original battery or, did you buy the shorter bracket that will compensate for a longer battery? The Charger Police pkg has a bigger battery and I thought that bracket was what people are using.
Batteries plus has an X2 Power group 94 agm that can be purchased for $250 after rebates that seems to suit me. I like the idea of an agm in the trunk vs a flooded because I dont go in the trunk all that much. I go under the hood to check the fluids every now and then and that's about it.
Thank you for the help

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
...The Charger Police pkg has a bigger battery and I thought that bracket was what people are using...
When I had a 2006 Charger R/T, and it needed a new battery, I got the police battery option. It was a bit longer, more CCA (780 maybe? I forget) and the best part, it was $10 cheaper!
I never did get the shorter bracket, it was held securely with the remaining mount and ratchet strap. I checked it frequently at first, then forgot about it. I think it was about $108 back when I got it, maybe 2012.
I figured if the original lasted that long, and going to the larger spec police one should outlast the car, I wonder if it is still in it. I sold it in 2015,

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
I upgraded my battery to a Bosch Platinum (H7/L4/94R)- their best. The list price was $219.99 but I got 25% off at Pep Boys (ordered from its web site), plus there was a $10 rebate from Bosch. It has 800cca and has glass mat technology which is supposed to make it last a lot longer than a conventional battery.
Like I was just saying, I usually get standard batteries and have had great luck, but that sounds like a great deal, $65 off!

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
You're an excellent person to ask Sir. Did you use the factory bracket that came with your original battery or, did you buy the shorter bracket that will compensate for a longer battery? The Charger Police pkg has a bigger battery and I thought that bracket was what people are using.
Batteries plus has an X2 Power group 94 agm that can be purchased for $250 after rebates that seems to suit me. I like the idea of an agm in the trunk vs a flooded because I dont go in the trunk all that much. I go under the hood to check the fluids every now and then and that's about it.
Thank you for the help
The OEM battery bracket worked fine with this vented battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts