Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I wanted to help out as I was really struggling with this one. The stock media hub in your console (Aux, USB, SD reader) will not work with android auto no matter how many cables you try. If you wanted to upgrade from the 5inch screen to the 8.4 with android auto, you'll need part, 68294075AC which is an additional 100+ for this part. See the below links to see how to install it. (The 8.4 swap is plug and play, you don't need anything additional, just sub it out)

I can confirm that this part was needed in my 2016 Challenger to upgrade and actually use the android auto.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
If you go to the infotainment site they tell you what is need for a radio upgrade and they even state the hub has to be swapped out (although PN not given). The hub swap is need no matter if your car came with a 5.0 or 8.4 radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you go to the infotainment site they tell you what is need for a radio upgrade and they even state the hub has to be swapped out (although PN not given). The hub swap is need no matter if your car came with a 5.0 or 8.4 radio.
The main problem is, they're not really forthcoming with much information, the hub isn't needed unless you're wanting to actually use your smartphone on the screen. I was able to have my radio operational without it, the only thing I was missing was android auto. Just trying to make sure the information is out there, for someone trying to troubleshoot this problem.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Right, Android Auto are in 2017 and above. That first link is hogwash you dont need to remove your center console to install a radio. Go to Youtube for better ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts