Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 dodge challenger thinking on going with a single turbo? Need advice on what size, kits, to go with on a 5.7 for a first time turbo building. Please and thank you!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
806 Posts
Have a 2016 dodge challenger thinking on going with a single turbo? Need advice on what size, kits, to go with on a 5.7 for a first time turbo building. Please and thank you!
If you want a turbo go twins. Someone recently made a thread on the same thing if you wanna check it out but basically to plumb a single turbo for a challenger is very difficult. Hellion and Granatelli make twin turbo kits. If you plan on daily driving this car at all I'd recommend a supercharger though, Magnuson or procharger whatever floats ur boat really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a turbo go twins. Someone recently made a thread on the same thing if you wanna check it out but basically to plumb a single turbo for a challenger is very difficult. Hellion and Granatelli make twin turbo kits. If you plan on daily driving this car at all I'd recommend a supercharger though, Magnuson or procharger whatever floats ur boat really.
Yes unfortunately shes my daily. Ive been up all night thinking on pros and cons.. Especially it being my daily you know lol, been looking at certain kits and what not . I also read a couple of other post threads and well come to a conclusion we said **** turbos and were going with supercharging it 😂👍🏼

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you add that kind of power your going to need to think about the Transmission, drive shaft and rear axle not to mention the suspension.
Personally I would not add Boost to a factory built engine that was not designed for it. If I was serious about this kinda move, I would first rebuild the engine and lower compression , go forged and match a proper cam lifters and push rods for the Turbo or supercharger I was going to use.
This way you will build a hell of a long lasting powerful 5.7. But after all that money spent you could go up the ladder and get a 6.4 or jump to a Hellcat.
It's a serious upgrade man and you might want to dig deeper before you make this move. Easy way to destroy your current engine is to boost the hell out of it.

I'm a long time 1/4 mile guy from the early 90's and know all about the desire to go faster. I tossed my original 87 Grand national engine by over boosting it with a larger turbo and running to high boost pressure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you add that kind of power your going to need to think about the Transmission, drive shaft and rear axle not to mention the suspension.
Personally I would not add Boost to a factory built engine that was not designed for it. If I was serious about this kinda move, I would first rebuild the engine and lower compression , go forged and match a proper cam lifters and push rods for the Turbo or supercharger I was going to use.
This way you will build a hell of a long lasting powerful 5.7. But after all that money spent you could go up the ladder and get a 6.4 or jump to a Hellcat.
It's a serious upgrade man and you might want to dig deeper before you make this move. Easy way to destroy your current engine is to boost the hell out of it.

I'm a long time 1/4 mile guy from the early 90's and know all about the desire to go faster. I tossed my original 87 Grand national engine by over boosting it with a larger turbo and running to high boost pressure.
No i wouldn't just throw a turbo kit in her and call it a day I'm looking for longevity out of her lol. I appreciate the advice my man thank you. This was just an idea that got brought up at the table... We don't know which one were going to do but its aiming a little more towards a super charger though. I'd start slow and steady I'd make sure I'd have proper fuel rails and lifters etc installments on the car so I know still when I drive her normally she'll be okay and if want to run it down a strip here and there that she will hold up 💪🏼

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
806 Posts
Yea supercharger is the way to go, I ordered a Magnuson about a month ago I'm waiting on. From what I hear theyre one of the best options for a daily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts