Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive bought my car almost a year ago and ive never noticed this till recently but do the speakers on the doors play any sound or just bump when music is playing? Ive just notice nothing comes out of the speakers just bass?? Maybe...im sorry im not to technical with car lingo

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,975 Posts
The door speakers are low frequency speakers, so yes, they just bump, lol.

A Guy

·
Registered
588 Posts
This Alpine system SUCKS. My friend has a Hellcat with the Harmon system and although it sounds better, its not the best either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The door speakers are low frequency speakers, so yes, they just bump, lol.

A Guy
:laugh2: LOL

This Alpine system SUCKS. My friend has a Hellcat with the Harmon system and although it sounds better, its not the best either.
What do you recommend? I'm looking to upgrade my alpine system. I would appreciate the advice of those who have gone before me.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
:laugh2: LOL

What do you recommend? I'm looking to upgrade my alpine system. I would appreciate the advice of those who have gone before me.
Add a Amp, makes the speakers sound much better, OR you can always change the speakers with the amp.
The problem is the factory amp is only 276 watts with the sound group I and it's not loud at all.

WARNING.......take it to a shop that works on a lot of Dodges or they will have problems working with the 8.4 radio, don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
WARNING.......take it to a shop that works on a lot of Dodges or they will have problems working with the 8.4 radio, don't ask me how I know.
Sounds like good advice. The installer I talked to this afternoon did a great job on my 2000 MR2 Spyder, but he didn't sem familiar with the UConnect. I should start a tread for a location-based installer.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Sounds like good advice. The installer I talked to this afternoon did a great job on my 2000 MR2 Spyder, but he didn't sem familiar with the UConnect. I should start a tread for a location-based installer.
Very good idea.

When I took my 2016 SXT PLUS to a audio shop it took about 4 trips to get it right!

BTW.....my used 2006 Ford Fusion with a base radio was louder and clearer than my SG1 Alpine system in my SXT Plus, sad!

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
It amazes me that still today, cars come with crappy sound systems. It reminds me of the days when cars came with AM radios and a single speaker in the middle of the dash.

In this sense, things haven't changed much. :frown:

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
It amazes me that still today, cars come with crappy sound systems. It reminds me of the days when cars came with AM radios and a single speaker in the middle of the dash.

In this sense, things haven't changed much. :frown:
Yeah, I remember the first thing you did if you bought a new car years ago was change the radio and speakers.

Funny thing is the SG1 in my 2014 Rallye Redline with the more basic radio was louder and clearer than my SG1 in the 8.4 touchscreen!!
For some reason the SG1 with the 8.4 touch screen was quieter??

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
111 Posts
I agree, the "Alpine" system sucks. I replaced all of the OEM speakers, not one of them had Alpine anywhere on them. I also added Kicker tweeters to the 'A" pillars. The sound has drastically improved but to get thumping bass, you will need to add an amp. I will be adding a 4 channel amp and thinking about running the door speakers off of it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,975 Posts
You see 276W amplifier, and you have minimal expectations and still disappointed. I have changed the gain on my MP3s and listen at 38, and still want for more. A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Recipe for awesome sound system for 6 channel system.

Use a pac audio ap4-ch41, replace with aftermarket speakers, and add amp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Recipe for awesome sound system for 6 channel system.

Use a pac audio ap4-ch41,
What's that??

Never mind, found it on Amazon........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts