Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Challenger looks so badazz with just the bright yellow daytime lights.
Is there a way to have just the yellow lights only and NO white rings or halos on?
I only drive mu low mile purple shaker only on weekends during the day.
I'm thinking of making up a black outer ring to block out any of the white light unless'
there is a way to totally shut off any headlamp rings.
Thanks Tommy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine had an option oh the screen somewhere to have them on during the day. Wish I could say where but it was 4 years ago and I'm not near the car right now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine had an option oh the screen somewhere to have them on during the day. Wish I could say where but it was 4 years ago and I'm not near the car right now

Currently with DLR's only you still see the white headlamp ring. I want to block out or turn off any white light since I drive only daytime hours.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting. Either mine aren't that way or they're so faint i never noticed. Good luck, hopefully someone will have an answer for you

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
No way to turn the white halos off with the factory setup, will need a Tazer? or something aftermarket to do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Those are on for a reason, DRL's are required for safety reasons. Why? So other people can easily see other cars. That's why all vehicles have them now. Turn them off, and it could be a fixit ticket.
Look how awesome she looks, especially with the intake lights!

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
Currently with DLR's only you still see the white headlamp ring. I want to block out or turn off any white light since I drive only daytime hours.
Everyone has an opinion....but I think you’re a tad anal retentive over the outer halos being on with the yellow DRL’s.

They‘re so bright....it’s almost difficult to see the white halos.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
In the daylight, you can hardly even tell the white halos are on. It took me quite a while to even realize that was the case. :) The picture above is in the shade, so they are more obvious, but in normal daylight, they are even harder to see.

I have a Tazer - I'll have to see if you can turn the white ones off with it or not...

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Hey sorry to hijack the thread.

for all the people with tazers ... before i buy one , i want to confirm that i can get amber “yellow” drl’s activated with the tazer.

the region i’m in removed the amber drl’s for 2020 models for an unknown reason.

it is not available in the reguler uconnect. No option for it... but the turn signals are amber so they are there but just need activation i think since all previous years had them.

i contacted the guy from the tazer website 2 times with no reply.

how can i know for sure if it will work with the tazer.

Anyone can give a diffenet answer?

thanks

edit : sent one more email to them and hopefully ill get an answer this time.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm assuming that you've looked in the Tazer manual - it has these options:

Code:
• Set DRL Type: Choose USA (on but selectable), Canada (on all the time), or off. 
• Set DRL Location: Choose which lights to use as DRL’s (results vary with vehicle model) – Dedicated DRL, SRT DRL’s, Turns, Fogs, Hi beams or Low beams. 
• Set DRL Dropout: This setting is enabled by default, making the DRL turn off when using a turn signal. Turning this OFF will keep the DRL on even when a turn signal is in use. 
• Set Fog Lights Enable: If factory fog lights are added, this setting will enable them. 
• Set Fog Dropout: This setting is enabled by default, making the Fogs turn off when using high beams.Turning this OFF will keep the fogs on even when high beams are in use.
Not sure exactly how the settings would work with your car though...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
If it was easy to turn the white halos off I'd do it, but won't spend any monet to do so. Even when I had my headlights tinted, you could see them

A Guy

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
426 Posts
Well if I am crazy and the halos were on too on the cars I have seen... all you really need is four relays, some wire, and boredom. Maybe just two relays. Not really sure how the DRLs work as I have them off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I'm going to do is during the day I'm making a custom fit cover to go over the outside white halos. I think i will use a foam type product to squeeze in to position and it will be easy to remove If I chose to night drive.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
857 Posts
I have seen Challengers driving around with only the DRLs on and not the headlights... so it can be done. No clue how. Glad I could only give you hope and no means to find it.
Thats standard. You cant turn the white Halos off. I dont have my Yellows on either, i just have the white Halos on and those are what he is talking about, not the headlights.

If it was easy to turn the white halos off I'd do it, but won't spend any monet to do so. Even when I had my headlights tinted, you could see them
View attachment 1004999
A Guy
Got to ask, having tinted headlights, doesnt that take away from the lights on the road and make it harder to see? Id assume so just looking at the yellow Halos not being so bright there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Yes, the tints made the headlights dimmer for sure, but still doable. I didn't drive much at night. I tried some removable covers not long ago, and they were very dim at night. I wouldn't want to go on the freeway at night with them. I actually was out later than expected with them on, and if I wasn't so close to home as it got dark, I'd have stopped to take them off. They look great when parked ;) But I love the DRLs, and decided to go naked up front :D

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
857 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Yeah, I'm usually in by dark...I'm like the Omega Man :D I did remove the tints when it looked like I'd be driving before light

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts