Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I had done a muffler delete on my 392 and loved the result, although now I guess it's time to get my car a bit more louder so was thinking of removing my resonators as well, but before I do this I wanted to know if doing this will leave a lot of drone while driving around.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Manual or automatic? With a manual you can at least keep it out of the RPM range that drones worse (mostly). But drone without resonators yes, unless you add J-Pipes. I'm not a fan of a straight piped car myself, loud yes, but...unrefined. Exhaust needs some shaping, at the very least a H Pipe...

Have you thought of cutouts? Loud when you want it, less loud when the neighbors have pitchforks and torches ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manual or automatic? With a manual you can at least keep it out of the RPM range that drones worse (mostly). But drone without resonators yes, unless you add J-Pipes. I'm not a fan of a straight piped car myself, loud yes, but...unrefined. Exhaust needs some shaping, at the very least a H Pipe...

Have you thought of cutouts? Loud when you want it, less loud when the neighbors have pitchforks and torches ;)

A Guy
I drive an automatic, but I'll be putting vavle mufflers, but otherwise nothing else apart from the straight pipe

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Someone else mentioned valve mufflers, believe they were in Europe or UK? BTW, welcome to Challengertalk ;) Automatic will drone without resonators or J-Pipes

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts