Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to one of the few remaining drive-ins, in our area, last night with my new Challenger and it kept turning-off in ACC mode every 15-20 minutes. I wanted to go into the settings mode but it said the car needed to be on. I now realize that could be the ON mode.

What is the best way to watch a drive-in movie in a new Challenger? How I extend the time-out power off? How do I dim the console lights? I couldn't get them to dim and ended up putting a towel the console.

TIA

-Noel

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
All of this is covered in the owner's manual which can be downloaded from Dodge's website. ;) You can also order a set of printed manuals for free from Dodge.

The auto-off is a setting that can be changed, at least for the time delay after engine off. I don't know if the ACC mode timer can be changed. The interior lights are dimmed using the dimmer wheels to the right of the headlight switch. You can even turn the radio display completely off while it's playing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prior to posting I searched and sadly I couldn't find this information in the 663 page manual. For me, the left dimmer wheel doesn't dim the console in ACC mode. I read the headlights have to be on. I confirmed this just now. Does it dim for you?

I saw a display auto-off control but not a ACC time-out control. The manual mentions a 10 minute time-out in the OFF position but in that section it doesn't mention the ACC nor ON mode.

There is a mysterious right wheel that I can't determine what it does. The manual has a nice description of the left wheel and apparently has the wrong arrow for the right wheel. It looks like a dome symbol but it doesn't seem to do anything.

-Noel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Prior to posting I searched and sadly I couldn't find this information in the 663 page manual. For me, the left dimmer wheel doesn't dim the console in ACC mode. I read the headlights have to be on. I confirmed this just now. Does it dim for you?

I saw a display auto-off control but not a ACC time-out control. The manual mentions a 10 minute time-out in the OFF position but in that section it doesn't mention the ACC nor ON mode.

There is a mysterious right wheel that I can't determine what it does. The manual has a nice description of the left wheel and apparently has the wrong arrow for the right wheel. It looks like a dome symbol but it doesn't seem to do anything.

-Noel
The second dimmer wheel is to control the accent lighting (Lights in the footwells, around the door handles, etc).

You're right, though. I can't find a way to dim the gauges when in ACC mode. That's a bit of a bummer, I hadn't tried to adjust the lighting while in ACC mode so I guess the answer is to always bring a towel to the drive-in. No timer setting for ACC mode, either, though I didn't think there would be one since that's a battery-saving function (Same with leaving the doors open, the lights will automatically turn off after X minutes).

Dang technology! :)

Reactions: 73RallyeJA5

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know what the right wheel is supposed to do? The owners manual isn't clear and it does nothing as far as I can tell.

I contacted Dodge chat and they said the manual doesn't say anything about it and it doesn't do anything. :-.

-Noel

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Does anyone know what the right wheel is supposed to do? The owners manual isn't clear and it does nothing as far as I can tell.

I contacted Dodge chat and they said the manual doesn't say anything about it and it doesn't do anything. :-.

-Noel
I said what it did in my last reply to this thread. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you confirm that the right wheel controls the lights in the footwells? My left wheel all the way up turns the footwell lights on but otherwise they are off.

Thanks.

-Noel

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Can you confirm that the right wheel controls the lights in the footwells? My left wheel all the way up turns the footwell lights on but otherwise they are off.

Thanks.

-Noel
If you turn the left wheel ALL the way up, past the detent, then all interior lights come on, including the lights in the headliner, etc. Move it down past that upper detent and all the interior lights go off, except for the foot well and other ambient/accent lights which are controlled by the wheel on the right. I've played with both wheels a number of times and watched what each one did.

Lame that it's not mentioned in the manual, but that's what it does; Adjusts the lights in the footwells and door panels. The left dimmer adjusts the dash and cup holder lighting.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I did find where the ambient dimmer is discussed, it's in the "User Guide" and not the owner's manual. It should be in both, way to go FCA. See attached pics.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts