Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My 2016 R/T is about 1.5 years old, and both left DRL halos just went out on the driver's side. Since both went out at the same time, I suspect it's not a bulb issue but maybe a loose wire or fuse? Has anyone come across this before? I'd like to fix it on my own, if that's possible. I called the dealership to see if there was a quick fix, and they said "it would probably take a day in the shop to figure out"...

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Don't touch it, because once you do it's your problem. Take it in, that's what warranty is for. I know that's not the answer you want but it is the best advice. It really could be anything and it's likely not a quick fix.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Once you find out why they're not working, let us know, so when I get one of these new Challengers with those halo rings around the headlights, I can make them both not work.

Can you unplug a fuse and disable them both? Anybody know?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Sorry you meant the white halos. They are controlled by a PCB inside the headlight assembly. I also suspect they might be controlled by the BCM through the same PWM signal used by the side markers but I am not 100% sure.

Do your front side markers still work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice BlackHemi41. I ended up just bringing it to the dealership, and it was covered under the 36,000 factory warranty. After waiting a few days for a new headlight assembly to be delivered, I returned and it took an hour and a half for the dealership to replace (had to take bumper off etc- another good reason I didn't try messing with it). Turns out the assembly was just "burnt out". The front side markers were still working prior to getting fixed.

Its a good thing it was covered under warranty, apparently a replacement headlight assembly is in the $800-$900 range each!?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the advice BlackHemi41. I ended up just bringing it to the dealership, and it was covered under the 36,000 factory warranty. After waiting a few days for a new headlight assembly to be delivered, I returned and it took an hour and a half for the dealership to replace (had to take bumper off etc- another good reason I didn't try messing with it). Turns out the assembly was just "burnt out". The front side markers were still working prior to getting fixed.

Its a good thing it was covered under warranty, apparently a replacement headlight assembly is in the $800-$900 range each!?
Holy sticker shock Batman!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Glad that they got it fixed. One more little $800 reason that I'm glad that I have the Chrysler Lifetime Warranty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts