Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried every scheme I can find for RA2 in any vehicle - no luck.

I see the Engineering (and Dealer) menus, but find NO resets, of "factory" or similar.

On first page I have:
DAB Eng Menu (Grayed Out)
General
POS Eng Menu (Grayed Out)
Radio Status
and so on.

I suspect the option may be under the grayed selections.
Anyone know how to get to the super secret Eng Menu?
Or for sure how to reset?

THX any and all!

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
I believe the reset for 2016's with the 8.4 radio is to push on the upper right of the screen until it re-boots. I have not tried this myself, but maybe it is the same with the 5.0 screen?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I tried that, wheel switches, door openings, temps, mute/browse - everything I could find mentioned anywhere. I feel like I'm close with the E menu, and the grayed sections, but other read like it's just a section header: Reset Here! - that I don't see. THX though!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Try this

A Guy

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried all that, repeated for tweeks someone may not have written, etc. - nothing on mine!
Call uConnect twice, first time said hit mute twice - only flipped to mute and back to normal.
Second scheme was one of the above - Acc, Ph/VR/30, off, door/30, run - still nothing.
HE DID SAY there was a No Scan Tool reset he couldn't tell me, 'dealer only' - bahhh!

If anyone knows, I will follow!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case anyone is following along or this shows up in a search...

In troubleshooting, I went back to RA2 straight to speaker and eventually RR problem went away, came back with amp reinstall.
Turns out the print (at least the one A Guy got me) shows the Right Rear backwards, electrically. As a last step I rolled the RR wires, and the fader with supplemental amp worked fine. (Almost makes sense if RA2 outputs are going both ways - not common ground - and the amp was expecting correct polarity. Apparently RR going negative subtracted from other side - like a bad ground loop.I triple my work, polarity, only the amp cared and rolling fixed it.)

My system ('16, RA2, NO OE amp) will detect open at any speaker, and remove the fader adjustment on next power cycle. (When the amp was wired in, it had to be on when radio was started.) Sound continued in all cases, just couldn't work fader NEXT time. A reset involved unplugging the radio's largest connector for 10 seconds.

I ended up returning the amp - the factory RA2 made 97 db, and the amp started distorting at 97 db - so no real advantage to the $100 investment!

I ended up with:
Infinity Reference 4032cfx in front dash holes (took a little work), separated from doors.
Infinity Kappa 62ix in front doors solo (dash connectors just left hanging).
I tried both ways, and I left the doors as the 'fronts' and the dashes as the rears.
All are full range signals and speakers, I tried both ways, and the 'front/door' signal seemed to have better bass, or the 'dash/rear' signal/system didn't handle bass as well. Kinda' make sense, the sound EQ settings just biased a bit for better bass at door instead of rear deck, as doors were slightly bigger speaker with a chamber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts