Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 RT with a 5.7L A8. I plan on lowering my car approx 1.8" (according to the spring manufacturer) and from what I am told, lowered Challengers can not run long tube headers because of scraping (the collector is really low?). If anyone knows more about this, please chime in. Anyways, I have been looking at alternate ways for bolt on performance because the stock log exhaust manifold and 2.25" exhaust is just not going to cut it. I want to run a 3" exhaust and let my HEMI breathe!! From what I have read, the stock Hellcat manifold is very similar to shorty headers. I have located MANY sources to get these manifolds but I can not for the life of me, find OEM Hellcat mid-pipes. I am trying to stay away from brand new parts because they are over priced IMO. Anyone know any good sources for used or conversion pulled parts for a Hellcat exhaust? I plan on running the Magnaflow 19205 exhaust.

I am in no immediate hurry but would love to start gathering info on where I can get those mid-pipes!!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yes, if your car is dropped the long tube headers with bottom out on bumps. Speed bumps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Are there scat pack mid pipes the same as the Hellcat? My main concern is just keeping everything 3"
All the headers exit 3”. Hellcat mids are also 3”
I think the 6.4’s are all 2.75”.

But its not a big deal for an exhaust shop to match them up. A 2.75” pipe has to be expanded about 0.25” to fit into eachother. If you can find a nice set of headers and mids i wouldnt shy away for just 1/4”. The rest of the exhaust go with whatever you want.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure how used these are but they're off of a Hellcat. Guy wants $200 for them.... Good deal or bad deal?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use the same mids on my '12 R/T along with the factory SRT/Hellcat shorty headers, got headers for $190 brand new for the pair that came off a crate Hellcat engine and paid $250 for a low mileage set of SRT mids to match, and run a 3" exhaust out the back with a Flowmaster system. Runs great and picked up a buttload of mid/top end power with no loss in low end driveability. Headers are a PITA to install as many of us have found........o_O
$200 for those pipes is a good deal, they are all the same on Challengers, Chargers and 300c SRT's. Mine were off a Charger and fit perfect. No DTC's either from O2's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use the same mids on my '12 R/T along with the factory SRT/Hellcat shorty headers, got headers for $190 brand new for the pair that came off a crate Hellcat engine and paid $250 for a low mileage set of SRT mids to match, and run a 3" exhaust out the back with a Flowmaster system. Runs great and picked up a buttload of mid/top end power with no loss in low end driveability. Headers are a PITA to install as many of us have found........o_O
$200 for those pipes is a good deal, they are all the same on Challengers, Chargers and 300c SRT's. Mine were off a Charger and fit perfect. No DTC's either from O2's.
Thank you very much for this post! I really believe this is the direction I am going to go in. I am getting the lowering springs installed this Friday so I'll see how low the car really is and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts