Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they are already "technically" functional...but it leads a very, very small amount of air directly into the heat shield....NOT ANYMORE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
you know you can use a paint scraper and open the back of the hood inserts, right? They are glued on.

I actually did that but I am debating on removing the whole liner. So I bought an extra set and put them in until I decide.

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did take the back side off, but that still just allows it to feed into the heat shield and inner hood frame. By making this part it allows the scoops to funnel the air directly into the engine bay, and not into the liner/structure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey someone else did it! Lol. I had actually just asked about doing this a few weeks ago on here because I was worried that tampering with the fire blanket would be bad. But so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Honestly nothing yet. I was looking at just taking the backside off and cutting a bigger hole in the fire blanket for now instead of spending money. But I've seen people post about adding Mopar Hood vent that actually will divert the air down. Which later on I'll get cuz I think they're about 30 or $40 a piece but for now I just cut a decent-size hole and remove the back side of the event itself. Which it looks like it's pretty much the same thing as you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not significantly bigger than the holes that already had but they start where the actual vent actually is at and then they go back another 2 inches from where the whole originally ended. I'll probably end up cutting even bigger holes before I order those hood vents just because I've heard people say it's not a huge risk factor or anything crazy to take the whole fire blanket off so I can't imagine making holes in it is any worse.

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, the only Mopar hood vents I have seen are for the 2014 and older hoods. I used aluminum and riveted it to the scoop to divert the air.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah those are the ones that I saw but I'm pretty sure they're still the same size vents so I would assume they fit. But if I actually bought them I was definitely going to email the company first to make sure they actually fit so I don't waste money. That's a pretty cool idea, I might have to find something to do like that for mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts