Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've had a recurring engine light that goes on and off randomly. I read the computer and it said it was an exhaust valve malfunction. Following finding this out, I took it to the dealership( Courtesy JEEP DODGE RAM) on Adamo Drrive in Tampa, FL where it was in the shop for four days just for me to pick it up and deal with the same rattling noise problem.

My car went back to the shop three more times before I finally took it to an exhaust shop for a second opinion. After lifting it and giving me the doctor metal ears device it turned out that my RIGHT ACTUATOR was making a lot of noise, compared to no noise from the left one upon knocking. A rattling noise from your Challenger at 2000-3000 rpm that almost sounds like 4-10 seconds of metal grinding is one of your actuators. This sound can be very annoying and if your dealership says its nothing, ITS NOT, ITS SOMETHING that their just too lazy to fix.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,296 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Yes, the Active Exhaust Valve rattle is fairly common. I believe under warranty, they replace the entire exhaust. Perhaps why your dealer didn't identify the problem :cautious:

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you buddy! The sound was so annoying really ruins the car. I contacted the zone office about the dealer, opened a case, and dropped it off yesterday at Dodge. I had to tell THEM what the issue was, the right exhaust actuator, in the shop now Ill respond when and if its fixed lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts