Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Anything can be repaired in this day and age. My question is, is it really worth it. We would also like to know all the costs involved with your rebuild while you are at it. What is the current book value of an undamaged version of the car ? Even after you are done and all the time, money , energy and effort.....it still will have a salvage title. Good luck with it. After watching Graveyard Cars and seeing what they have rebuilt, anything is possible.

Reactions: turbotato

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having no collision repair experience, I find these kinds of rebuild stories fascinating...I look forward to seeing your posts. Good Luck and Have Fun!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Will be following along..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,940 Posts
I find some people here have amazing talent, look forward to seeing progress photos.

Reactions: Big Swede

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome my buddy just picked up a Hellcat for 20g needs side swipe work 6m miles only still under factory warranty. He s as flips cars for a living good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I look forward to seeing the updates. I respect you obviously have the knowledge to undertake such a task. You have the confidence and I'm sure it will look like new, with a discerning eye, not showing anywhere that there was that kind of damage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Guys, it will probably be 3 weeks before I can get it on the frame rack. As far as the cost, I have $14K in it right now and I am figuring on putting another $10K into it. That is with a SRT hood with functional scope, 10 spoke Scat Pack rims with 275's all the way around. Is it worth it, saving an awesome car like this? Hell yes and when I am done doing a restoration I know every part of the car and I know what I have when I am done with it. There is something about driving a car that you bring back to life that is very satisfying to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Guys, it will probably be 3 weeks before I can get it on the frame rack. As far as the cost, I have $14K in it right now and I am figuring on putting another $10K into it. That is with a SRT hood with functional scope, 10 spoke Scat Pack rims with 275's all the way around. Is it worth it, saving an awesome car like this? Hell yes and when I am done doing a restoration I know every part of the car and I know what I have when I am done with it. There is something about driving a car that you bring back to life that is very satisfying to me.
Best of luck with the rebuild GT to the novice your project looks overwhelming but to an craftsman all it is is a welcome challenge
Can’t wait to see finished product!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, thought I would start a thread on the 2016 Scat Pack that I am going to rebuild. I have restored several old Mopars and a few motorcycles over the last 35 years. I have fallen in love with the new Mopar muscle and decided to restore a late model one. After 7 months of looking, I finally got the car I was looking for. I bought a salvage 2016 Plum Crazy Purple Scat Pack, 11K miles, leather, sun roof, heated and cooled seats and the best thing of all a 6 speed manual! I thought I would document the rebuilt and share it with you. My goal is to have it finished by December, here are some pics of it so far. Hope you enjoy it. Scott.

View attachment 1002783 View attachment 1002784 View attachment 1002785 View attachment 1002786 View attachment 1002787 View attachment 1002788 View attachment 1002789 View attachment 1002790 View attachment 1002791
LOOKS LIKE IT POOPED OUT THE BATTERY LOL good luck on the rebuild

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, I made a little progress this weekend getting it ready for the frame rack. I have been trying to get the honey do list done so when I do get it on the rack I can devote my time to it. I Have the seat belts ready to be shipped, to get them rebuilt. I removed some more of the interior that needs removed to replace the passenger side quarter. Right now just baby steps, but that will change soon.

Also, I talked to the previous owner yesterday. He said he was sitting at a red light when an 80 year old lady driving a Ford Explorer hit him and pushed him into a Honda Pilot. Everyone was ok, but he was very upset that he lost his Challenger. He bought it in April with 5K miles on it and the accident was on July 27 so he didn't have much time to enjoy it. Funny thing is, he asked if I was going to sell it when I was done because he wants it back. I told him sorry, this one is a keeper.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Made a little more progress on it. Hopefully I can get it on the frame rack next week, but we have had a lot of deer hits come in at work lately. So that might push my plans back a bit.

Removed the damaged core support and A/C condenser.

The good fender, new fender and new core support ready to go on.

Used SRT hood that came off a brand new car because it had a little hail damage. I get to practice my PDR skills on it. But I will still have to prime and block it, because I am no pro at PDR. Those guys are true craftsman!

Everything fitted upfront. I found a used right side halogen head light on Ebay for $200 that is supposed to be here tomorrow. The housing was busted up pretty bad on mine, so I am going to take the guts out of my HID light and put them in the light a bought off of Ebay. A lot cheaper that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks, that is one of the many advantages of working on new muscle cars. They come apart and go back together so easily, it is nothing like restoring an old car that fights you every inch of the way. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hoping the back will come together for you as easy as the front has seem to
If I ever needed work on a car I Would sure wish you lived closer

21 - 40 of 68 Posts