Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dealer at $40,000 out the door. this 2016 includes the options of Leather Interior Group, Driver Convenience Group, Harmon Kardon Sound Group, Scat Appearance Group, Automatic, Sunroof, UConnect 8.4 NAV, and 20inch x 9-inch Hyper Black II Forged Alum Wheels.

Should I jump on that $40k out the door? Or negotiate more? From everything I am reading that is an unbelievable price.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have a dealer at $40,000 out the door. this 2016 includes the options of Leather Interior Group, Driver Convenience Group, Harmon Kardon Sound Group, Scat Appearance Group, Automatic, Sunroof, UConnect 8.4 NAV, and 20inch x 9-inch Hyper Black II Forged Alum Wheels.

Should I jump on that $40k out the door? Or negotiate more? From everything I am reading that is an unbelievable price.
Sounds like a great deal. The only thing missing is Mileage?? If new, again, it's a great deal...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think that's a pretty good price but being a 2016 you might be able to get lower.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has 10 miles on it. Never been off the lot except for a test drive! I was thinking I could maybe get to $38,500 or $39,000. But with that deal I'm afraid to play with fire... Haha.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
It's a new two year old car. Offer them $36.5k and see what they say. They've had it a long time, so you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a new two year old car. Offer them $36.5k and see what they say. They've had it a long time, so you have nothing to lose.
MSRP is right at $49,000. I have already talked them down from $43,000. I just don't want to miss out on a car that has everything I want in it.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
If a car is everything that you want, including color, then you really can't pay too much IMO.

Just remember that it's two model years old to everyone as soon as you sign the papers. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I think it's a good deal. It has almost every option available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Color isn't really make or break. I figure if it is that crazy of a deal then I will just get it painted after a year or so.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
OK, then you're just bottom feeding. A repaint down the road will end up costing you more in the long run, than ordering an '18 with the color that you really want.

Exception would be an Earl Shieb repaint! LOL

·
Registered
162 Posts
You would be better off doing a full car wrap for like $4-$6K if you really plan on re-painting it.

Man, for like $6k you are half way there to getting that 6.4 twin turbo'ed or pro-charged... just sayin...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just saying paint isn't a priority. And I just want to know if you guys think a fully loaded (besides technology group) 16 Scat is a good buy at $40,000

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems like everyone has told you--yes. But you should still throw out a lower offer as was suggested given how long it's been on the lot. And we're coming up on the end of the month... Worst they can say is no.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
I'd say its a good deal, you're getting $10k of options for the price of a base Scat Pack.

You won't get that deal on a newer model, and certainly not on a recently arrived '17 or '18 on the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Color isn't really make or break. I figure if it is that crazy of a deal then I will just get it painted after a year or so.
That is crazy talk!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Hey, I have the exact same car. Option for option. In march I got mine for $40,200 plus tax. Great deal. They threw in Katzkin two tone leather at no charge. So IF you have to haggle any further you could go that route. Other than that....... BUY THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best thing I ever did. NO inanimate object has EVER given me that much joy.
They also sold me a 8 year bumper to bumper for $1500. I couldn't believe how cheap. So know they can do it that cheap. More negotiating points! NOW DO IT TOMORROW! Someone else is gonna grab it and you will rightfully be sorrrrrrrrrry!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why don't you get 2017 instead 2016 for that price. I wouldn't offer more than 37000 out the door for 2016.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE: The offer was $4k out the door. I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT that KBB has priced at $4.5k. I was going to use that money as a down payment for my 2016. They offered $1k for it (yes I know you won't get as much from a dealer but was hoping for a little bump). So I told them if I wasn't going to get that $3k extra from my Avenger then it would have to come from somewhere else. They didn't budge so I walked....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts