Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2016 SP Grill Surround color match?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  vpzyck 
#1 ·
Ive been lurking here a little bit, searched the forum and googled all over the place but havent found an answer yet. Anyone know the best paint to use to paint the front grill surrounds to match the grill color? I took my surrounds off this weekend and have been playing around with some semi-gloss black plastic spray paint but before I put them back on I am just wondering if anyone knows the exact color to use.

Lots of people seem to use plastidip but id rather use regular paint.

#4 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

Since they are plastics, they won't have a Chrysler paint code, so unless someone has experimented and happened upon a great match, you'd be the one. The surrounds on the Blacktop are gloss black, and look great and make a good match

Just a thought, gloss black would be easy. They also make covers in carbon, red, yellow. No black I can find strangely enough. Perhaps because you can buy the grilles with black surrounds

A Guy

#7 ·
I found all the paint color codes and figured the DX8 was the closest, and the shaker paint is way more matte than the grill from what Ive seen. Guess Im going to do some experimenting. Thx for the pics @AGuy, looks good. Gonna sand down and redo the paint 1 more time and if all else fails I can buy the pre painted surrounds, just would rather not dish out $80-120 for something I can paint for $10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.