Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 MT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, so doing my research on the drive modes in my SRT coming Saturday. Can any 1 explain to me the different drive modes? 6MT I drive around the city mostly, highway occasionally, back and fourth to the gym grocery store etc. I don't see much in the manual I have. Can't find much online either. Appreciate it guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Do you have the Drive Modes Supplement? I'm sure you'll also get some personal descriptions

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
With a manual trans, the different modes will mainly just change the suspension.

The roads pretty bad down here so I normally just run in street default but sport mode firms it up nice without being too rough. You can try track but it's pretty stiff but keeps some extra stability control. In sport, both stability and traction control are reduced.

You can also set up a custom mode, just click on what you want then hit custom, now whenever you want custom just double tap the SRT button and it will go to custom.

This system works pretty well. Even in street default, it still handles well as they use the 5.7L Super Track Pack springs in the front.

Also should have valet mode which cuts power to around 250 hp and limits rpm to 4000 rpm and all traction and stability controls 100%, so good for bad weather or winter driving.

It's a good system and no issues with mine in over four years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is Street, Sport and Track.
Street: Confortable suspension, normal steering, traction control and stability control on. (For daily driving conditions)
Sport: Moderate suspension, steering is tightened, traction and stability on - but gives some leeway
Track: Tight suspension to hit that apex, steering is very tight and accurate, traction and stability off to get loosie goosie around corners and burnout at the strip. Active exhaust butterfly valves fully open the whole time.

No transmission changes with MT. With an auto trans, shifts are harder and 40% quicker.

There is also a custom mode to change each one individually. I've played with this alot but find that the modes pre-installed are the way to go. If you have your suspension tight but steering loose that could lead to some weird situations.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 MT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very excited, honestly have not even had a chance to really drive it yet. Trip to the Auto Zone was all I've had so far. Smh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts