Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating between whether I really need a Hellcat or will be perfectly happy with the 2016 SRT 392 Challenger that I have put a deposit on but haven’t gone to pick up yet . Really wanted a Hellcat but think I’ve talked myself into being fine with the SRT. I already have a 2010 lifted Duramax and a Pro Touring 67 Chevy II Nova that I have a lot of money into and don’t use them as much as I should . So my thoughts are I don’t need another $50K vehicle that doesn’t get used a lot. I sold my 2009 SRT 8 Challenger last spring and I drove that a lot which is why I’ve decided on the SRT and not the Hellcat, but am still kind of torn. Any thoughts that would make me feel like I’m making the right decision, considering what I’ve said about having the other vehicles etc., would be appreciated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My 16 SRT has plenty of power and then some. But if I had the extra dough, I would go Hellcat even though it's my daily driver. More is better right?

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
test drive and then decide!

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Check your insurance quotes too. Although I really wanted to go Hellcat, as a daily driver, that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check your insurance quotes too. Although I really wanted to go Hellcat, as a daily driver, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
Same here. My Scat Pack is classified as an R/T where the SRT also added a lot to the insurance bill. That and I really wanted the Bee logo seats. :grin2:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Same here. My Scat Pack is classified as an RT where the SRT also added a lot to the insurance bill. That and I really wanted the Bee logo seats. :grin2:
True that! Here's the monthly insurance bill:

Scatpack - $100
SRT - $150
Hellcat $200

That's just a ballpark of course. Your age and driving record are the multipliers...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don’t do what I did and just go straight to the Hellcat. I bought a 392 and traded it less than a year later.
I did the same with a Scat Pack. It was the perfect car with the exception of not being a Hellcat. There are excellent deals on new or even slightly used Hellcats right now. I got a good deal when I bought mine in May of 2016, but if I had held out it would have been even better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks yeah I’m picking up the srt tomorrow. Figuring if it doesn’t do it for me I can always sell or trade for a hellcat . It’s just in my situation I already have two vehicles that sit so thinking the hellcat would be another that would sit so went with the srt so I’ll drive it !

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does the hellcat have stiffer suspension than the srt392?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up the srt yesterday . 5 1/2 drive to get it . Then drove it home . Love it so far!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Congratulations on the good looking car. I think a 5.5 hour drive in a brand new Challenger SRT is a great way to get it.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Car I decided on for now

For now??? You made an excellent decision. That is NOT settling. Truly an awesome car. In fact if you could manage some more pics...... the one of the interior did not come through. Thank you and Congratulations!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts