Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I stated in the newbie forum, I just got my new Challenger less than a month ago and I have questions regarding the interior.

What the heck is the dash made out of for one? The seats and arms rests on the door are leather but the rest of the door and the dash are this thick rubbery material, I bought this for it. Recommended ?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And does anyone recommend something for the seats? I've been using the product I attached but it seems to leave the seats and arms rests with this oil type residue. Some parts look wetter than others if that makes sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Avoid anything with silicones (like Armor All). They are the worst and will cause cracking.

Reactions: CER956

·
Super Moderator
16,327 Posts
the door panel inserts, arm rest and console lid, console upper are vinyl.

The dash and door panels are a vinyl material, as are the back and sides of the seats. the center panel on rear seat is vinyl. The center panels and side bolster facings are leather. (on the all-leather seat)

PS: for the folks with the "suede" / leather seats - the centers are a synthetic material (polycarbonate / polyester) and the leather is the 1" border on the edge of the bolster and the top "yoke" of the backrest.

-use only fabric upholstery cleaner / shampoo on the alcantara center panels on those seats, not a leather or suede cleaning product.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Avoid anything with silicones (like Armor All). They are the worst and will cause cracking.
Thank you, the owner of my first Challenger most likely used Armor All on the dash of that car, the dash was a grey chalky color and the Maguier's Protector I linked in my previous post brought it back to life rather quickly. Would you recommend I use that for the new car I bought or is there something else on the market I can look into ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what the seats look like, no suede. I know I've gotta be careful cause they're perforated.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thank you, the owner of my first Challenger most likely used Armor All on the dash of that car, the dash was a grey chalky color and the Maguier's Protector I linked in my previous post brought it back to life rather quickly. Would you recommend I use that for the new car I bought or is there something else on the market I can look into ?

Thanks in advance!
Long-term I don't know whats safe for that dash material. I use a product from Griots Garage (sparingly) because I mostly trust them.
I think the best thing we can do is keep the sun off them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Regarding the dash material. For what it's worth, I read some where that all you're supposed to do to clean it, is use a clean damp cloth. No additives or conditioners.

If someone has a better and tested solution, I'd also be interested in the product as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
I tested 303 protectant on my Jeep before I used it on my Challenger and thus far I have had no problems.I use it for my interior and tires.Interior is about 4 to 6 months tires is as needed.It makes things look new with a low sheen.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I use the Meguires protectant wipes for everything but the leather.I use their wipes for leather on the leather portion of the seats but not the Alacantra inserts.Used on four Challengers in 6 years.No issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use the Meguires protectant wipes for everything but the leather.I use their wipes for leather on the leather portion of the seats but not the Alacantra inserts.Used on four Challengers in 6 years.No issues.
Cool, it seems that's exactly what I'm using now. So for the handrests on the sides (I thought they were leather) and the one in the middle you use the protectant and not the leather wipes?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I've heard that old wives tale about Armor All but I've been using it my entire driving life (42 years) and I have never had any vinyl or rubber crack or fade or discolor. And I live in the worst place for rubber and vinyl. Maybe I bought the only good hundred bottles.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What helps with body oil and sweat, I like to cruise with my left arm out the window resting on the door. Or, my right arm resting on the center console. Problem is, I sweat very easy. I leave a whiteish mark from my sweat wherever I rest my arms. What's the best cleaner or something to prevent this. Right now it's too warm to wear long sleeves, maybe in the winter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone coat their leather wrapped steering wheels with anything? I've thought of using the Rich leather or Turtle wax F21 on it but I would hate to have any residue on my hands while driving. Despite the fact that they don't have a greasy finish i can feel some of the product come off when i touch the interior(at least i think i do), plus the humidity in Florida might not help the products stay put.

And does anyone recommend something for the seats? I've been using the product I attached but it seems to leave the seats and arms rests with this oil type residue. Some parts look wetter than others if that makes sense.
I use Rich Leather too and I know what you mean. For some reason the product doesn't seem to apply evenly on the Challenger when compared to my other cars. I attributed this to the seats being new so i'm going to give it a couple more passes as time goes else i'll switch up to something else. Anyone know if 303 does well with leather?

I've heard that old wives tale about Armor All but I've been using it my entire driving life (42 years) and I have never had any vinyl or rubber crack or fade or discolor. And I live in the worst place for rubber and vinyl. Maybe I bought the only good hundred bottles.
I heard they were bad back then. Lately haven't heard anything but good things from Armor all products.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
485 Posts
The laguna leather seats have a thin protective coating, the conditioner will not soak in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Laguna leather, I had no idea that's what it's called. Any tips on what I should use on mine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts