Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed by SRT via email that the SRT experience will only be held in Arizona this year. Just a heads up for anyone expecting to drive at their local tracks.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I was just informed by SRT via email that the SRT experience will only be held in Arizona this year. Just a heads up for anyone expecting to drive at their local tracks.
It must suck for the folks who bought 2015 SRT's with the 'track experience' right there on the window sticker. The 2016 owners can't get too angry I guess.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard it is going to be a four day school. I think you only get a one day credit with the srt experience. We have two credits I am going to put up for sale once I get the final details in a few weeks. First day consists of a 392 car. Second day is in a viper. Third day is in a hellcat. Fourth day is in a viper acr. Bondurant is who is putting on the classes. It would be a great time, but all of our vacation time is accounted for already this year.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've never received any information on it from dodge.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Yes this change happened a few months ago, no more US tour of tracks that you can pick from and be able to drive Hellcats and Vipers, you now have to get to Arizona and will only drive the SRT 392 unless you pay extra.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
The way I read this - you get some classroom time and get to drive an SRT.

PAY MORE MONEY and you can drive a Viper
PAY MORE MONEY and you can drive a Hellcat

So, first I pay to travel all the way to Arizona to get the chance to drive a car that I already own...such a deal...buy wait...pay a crapload more so I get the chance that everyone else got to drive last year...

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I bought a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 it came with a 1 day "Boss Track Attack" at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. I went and that was some of the most fun I have ever had - beating on someone else's car on a race track. Plus the instructors were race car drivers and they had some really cool sessions to teach car control, heel toe shifting etc. Even got to do a hot lap in the Ford E350 Church Van they used to shuttle us around the facility, it was wild! It really gave me an appreciation for what the car (and a church van!) could do. I also paid extra for a second day to drive the Ford FR500S racecar which was also amazing. Racing slicks have crazy traction.

I would definitely fly to AZ to do an SRT experience no problem. It would be worth it, even if its only a 392 I get to drive.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sure beats hammering your own car.
A buddy of mine bought a Maserati that came with a track day. It cost him a set of tires and a set of brakes!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I heard it is going to be a four day school. I think you only get a one day credit with the srt experience. We have two credits I am going to put up for sale once I get the final details in a few weeks. First day consists of a 392 car. Second day is in a viper. Third day is in a hellcat. Fourth day is in a viper acr. Bondurant is who is putting on the classes. It would be a great time, but all of our vacation time is accounted for already this year.

If/when you put those up for sale, I'm interested! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts

If/when you put those up for sale, I'm interested!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Michael, sounds good.

I talked to Barbara at SRT today and the credits can only be used against the one day program. You can't use them against a multiple day program.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Guess I wouldn't mind spending a day learning to drive someone else's SRT faster since that's what I have. Will track mine a couple of times a year so should be some good seat time to have. Being 6'-5", I doubt I could fit into a Viper anyway (especially with a helmet). Think I'll look into a weeks vacation there and take in some spring training baseball at the same time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't make it to AZ so I was going to offer mine for sale. The Bondurant folks told me it's worth $1,000 and say it's up to SRT whether or not I can transfer it. The SRT folks told me I can't sell or transfer it!

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
The SRT folks told me I can't sell or transfer it!
Sorry to hear that. I'm not in to road racing so will not be going to the Bondurant school and guess I'm stuck with a worthless coupon. Sure would have been nice to drive some of the SRT vehicles at a local track by me, don't like the new setup at all and guess that overall attendance will drop dramatically with the new AZ only system in place.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
New guy, just introduced myself in newbie forum, looking forward to SRT Experience in May, my b day present, lol. Looking forward to meeting any and all of us SRT junkies. PM me for contact info, I know where all the good ale houses are, lol. I'll follow the threads for info, but I lurk more than post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
Rob B
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing