Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have an opportunity to put my car on a dyno for a couple of runs in a few weeks, it's a Ford owners day and they allow other makes but if there are too many Fords they will get preference.

If I do get to run what is the best set-up? I was thinking Track mode in 6th gear, would I still need to turn off traction control? Would this be best for max power, any input appreciated, I don't want to look a jerk in front of all of the Ford guys. :surprise:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Remove the air filter as it will lean down the pig rich stock tune. On my 06 srt8 magnum it made 12 hp more with the air filter out than in on a dynojet dyno. At our 1/8 mile drag strip on my BONE STOCK 2012 srt8 jeep we pulled the air filter out and it picked up 1 mph and .1 in ET.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
ESP in full off mode - your peak runs might be 4th or 5th gear.

6th is 1:1 ratio for your A8, but you may get better results (and fewer shifts, and torque management on each shift) by selecting a lower gear.

I did dyno testing on my 'Benz last summer (A5) and it seemed like 3rd gear as the highest ratio was yielding the best results (4th is 1:1 on that A5).

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately due to "unforeseen circumstances" the Dyno day has been rescheduled to October. :frown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts