Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive by this place 2-3 times a week and I thought I'd create a thread about it. I live in Sonora, Ca. in the Sierra Nevada foothills also known as the Gold Country. About three years ago a new CDJR dealer opened. As a fledgling dealership, I wasn't sure how good it would be. About a year after it opened, it abruptly closed down. A story in the paper said it had fallen into bankruptcy.

Well, to drive by today it is like a time capsule for some brand new 2016 Dodge, Jeeps, and Rams. Shortly after it closed, a drunk driver lost control of his vehicle late at night and center punched a Ram 1500. As you can see in the picture, there it still sits.

This dealership also has two brand new Hellcats sitting just rotting away. One is a black A8 car and the other is a Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl 6 Speed. It is killing me to see them just sitting there... I have no idea what the disposition of all this inventory will be, but I would make a play for the Red one if the price was adjusted to be realistic for its age. I know, I know... buying a new car 3 model years old soon is silly, but I still dream about it. Well, thought I'd share this unique situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
wow! can't believe the cars are still there, and even more surprised the Hellcats haven't been poached yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here's an interesting story filled with some info about what happened at that dealership. Sounds really strange...something really weird must have gone on with that dealership.

They've also got a Facebook page that is kind of like a time capsule too. Has a video of that black Hellcat with a salesman describing it's special features.

------------------------------------------//----

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
The dealership I got my 16 from a year or so ago has a bunch of 16s. They keep they getting them. But that is just sad.
Must be tied up in Court or something...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's an interesting story filled with some info about what happened at that dealership. Sounds really strange...something really weird must have gone on with that dealership.

They've also got a Facebook page that is kind of like a time capsule too. Has a video of that black Hellcat with a salesman describing it's special features.

------------------------------------------//----
My internal chronometer is off. Feels like a year but the Ram was hit 9 months ago. I’m sure all the assets are tied up in a legal quagmire and eventually will be liquidated through an auction company or similar. Sad to see them rotting. I went in there not long before it closed in 2017 to see if they were motivated to sell. They were offering $1000 off MSRP for a car sitting on the lot for around a year and a model year old. No thanks......

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
That's just wrong...

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,332 Posts
Very unusual situation. According to the article, there are dozens of unclaimed and unsold cars on the lot and the dealership claims that it is "doing some restructuring."

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Funny how banks, who often hold the "keys," seem to be in no big hurry to sell or liquidate or even repair. They do the same thing with houses. I've seen homes/mobile homes just sit and rot for years. Just one specific example was a house next door with roof damage from a hurricane that could have been fixed easily, but there is sat FOREVER it seemed until water damage, bugs, mold and mildew infested the whole house. The bank finally unloaded it to a flipper who did some quickie repairs (I watched this cover it up/paint it up excuse for home repair) and sold it. Now the new homeowner has a nightmare (nice guy, sad situation) on his hands. What a shame.

I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but isn't it sad? If the public was allowed to make a reasonable offer, the owner wouldn't have to take such a huge loss. But NO, valuable things have to sit and rot and are eventually "given away" at some liquidation sale for pennies on the dollar. Sad indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Very unusual situation. According to the article, there are dozens of unclaimed and unsold cars on the lot and the dealership claims that it is "doing some restructuring."
Hahahaha!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I drive by this place 2-3 times a week and I thought I'd create a thread about it. I live in Sonora, Ca. in the Sierra Nevada foothills also known as the Gold Country. About three years ago a new CDJR dealer opened. As a fledgling dealership, I wasn't sure how good it would be. About a year after it opened, it abruptly closed down. A story in the paper said it had fallen into bankruptcy.

Well, to drive by today it is like a time capsule for some brand new 2016 Dodge, Jeeps, and Rams. Shortly after it closed, a drunk driver lost control of his vehicle late at night and center punched a Ram 1500. As you can see in the picture, there it still sits.

This dealership also has two brand new Hellcats sitting just rotting away. One is a black A8 car and the other is a Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl 6 Speed. It is killing me to see them just sitting there... I have no idea what the disposition of all this inventory will be, but I would make a play for the Red one if the price was adjusted to be realistic for its age. I know, I know... buying a new car 3 model years old soon is silly, but I still dream about it. Well, thought I'd share this unique situation.
Sitting outside in the Sonoran sun & sand will destroy the paint in no time.

The dealership I got my 16 from a year or so ago has a bunch of 16s. They keep they getting them. But that is just sad.
Must be tied up in Court or something...
What dealership is it?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I was rocking a 75 "fawn" Dodge Coronet. 2 dr. Between yellow and beige... Same color bucket seats with shag carpet the same color. 318 2bbl. No console, no pics...

I THOUGHT THIS WAS 1976!!! (at least I'm honest)

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's true...they do have some new 2016 yet. Either that or it's a trick to get you to inquire. I remember seeing these last summer listed on their site. You can't find them without doing a site search off of the home page in the Search Box. They've got (3) an SXT w/Super Sport Package, an RT Plus and a Hellcat.

https://www.stcharlescdj.com/

Here's a link to some info on why cars sit for a couple years and whether or not it's a good idea to buy one.

-----------------------------------//----

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

Well, all of a sudden things are changing. The vehicles on this lot are being staged up. At first I thought it was to line them up for auto transports to ship em out. I decided to stop yesterday and learned that they are all going to be auctioned off at the dealership on July 12. All the remaining assets of the dealership are to be sold. Not sure if they will be "as is" or will have factory warranties.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Older thread I know but does anyone know what became of this dealership now? Perhaps it's empty or someone else has bought it or something...very interesting story..

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is now Sonora Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. It is owned by the same group that owns Lodi CDJR in the California Central Valley south of Sacramento. I’m not certain what happened to the leftovers from the other failed dealership. They may have migrated to Lodi to be sold. The Sonora dealership opened several months after all the inventory was shipped off.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Tshane72
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing