1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete 2015 and 2016 custom tuning support

Now for: Hellcat, Scat Pack, R/T, SRT, RAM and Jeep

From time to time, I see a post that asks what tuning is available for Challengers of different years and types. We work on every HEMI platform really hard and I enjoy it when I get to pass along news like this.

Arrington Performance has custom tuning for the new HEMI Mopars!:thumbsup: Even 2016 models now can be tuned for forced induction (superchargers, turbochargers), bigger throttle bodies, long tube headers, and racing applications. Add 50, 100, 200 horsepower or more with add-ons, all supported with direct software updates in the car's OEM PCM. No hardware piggybacks or overlaid electronic systems.

I am not saying no one else has this -- some do. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that we had it and we are ready to rumble. We already have several cars under our belt and they are doing great in the field. Here is one of them. We did a damper upgrade on this Hellcat and put down 741HP to the tires.

Here is the dyno graph.

FAQ:

Do you cover my older HEMI?
New custom tunes for 2007-2014 models can be delivered via email if you have a Diablo Trinity (or we'll sell you one). No need to send your PCM anywhere. No need to transport your car for simple revisions.

What tuning hardware do you use?
Right now, our established tuning capabilities all require a DiabloSport Trinity handheld programmer and data-logger. Happy to sell you one or use your existing one. We are working with SCT to allow the X4 handheld as well (not quite there).

Isn't there a special unlock required for 2015 models?
New custom tunes for 2015 models require an unlock update performed by Diablo (no hardware changes, only a special flash). We can physically send your PCM in or replace it with a new, unlocked one -- same OEM part number. After that, we can do email updates.

Same for 2016?
The unlock process is the same from 2015 to 2016. But for a couple more months, new custom tunes for 2016 models require your car to come to Martinsville, VA to run on our dyno. We will take care of the PCM unlocking for you. We expect to open up email tuning by June, 2016.

What do you have for my Hellcat?
Hellcat tuning requires your car to come to Martinsville, VA as well. We hope to open that up to email tuning soon. As shown above, our Hellcat update with a bigger damper can increase output by 75HP!

Which superchargers?
Obviously, the Hellcat has a built-in Roots-style S/C. Haven't tried swapping that one because it works really well.
We are Arrington, Magnuson, Whipple, Edelbrock, Procharger and Vortech dealers with a lot of experience with all of them on HEMI engines. We have the only fully tested Whipple 4.0L configuration for HEMI (requires a forged engine).

How do I get going on this?
See www.shopHEMI.com for information on add-ons, superchargers, throttle bodies, etc. Call us at 866-844-1245 or email [email protected] to schedule tuning.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Do you still have to send off the PCM for unlock? What is the cost? I'm doing mine soon as headers show shipped rather than processing.

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you still have to send off the PCM for unlock? What is the cost? I'm doing mine soon as headers show shipped rather than processing.
$200 to unlock an existing 2015 or 2016 PCM. Through us or Diablo.

We are pricing it as $599 for an unlocked PCM with a $400 core refund available. We can set up an unlocked PCM of the same part number for you ASAP and then get your PCM back later. We set up the new PCM with your VIN and mileage.

Or we trace your PCM through the unlock process and you get the same one back. Takes about a week, but whatever Diablo's turnaround is at the time. If you want to unlock through Diablo and install the tune yourself (with a Trinity) -- no problem. We can email update after you get it unlocked (2015s).

·
Registered
67 Posts
@[email protected],
I am getting your Magnuson SC and I tried to get the unlocked PCM and Trinity yesterday from DiabloSport. They said they don't have it for the 2016 Scat Pack and offered to use my car as a test vehicle. Did I get bad info?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Hey Tim what was the lbs. of boost level on the "cat" you all dyno above? Doesn't show on graph. Good numbers for sure. Thanks.

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@[email protected],
I am getting your Magnuson SC and I tried to get the unlocked PCM and Trinity yesterday from DiabloSport. They said they don't have it for the 2016 Scat Pack and offered to use my car as a test vehicle. Did I get bad info?
DiabloSport offers multiple products and services. When we work with them on a custom tune, we only look to them to unlock the PCM and then we custom tune. It sounds like they were talking with you about their canned tunes for your model or they were just confused as to how you were going to get your tune when even they aren't ready.

We have custom tuned 2016's, including the Scat Pack. We have only announced in-house tuning for forced induction because we want to make sure we have everything right and don't want any surprises for you. We will be happy to get the PCM unlocked for you if the car is here on site for a custom tune.

If you wait a couple of months, Diablo will finish their canned tunes and we will have the S/C tune ready to go for remote installation. Your option for now or later.

Sorry for the confusion. This unlocking process has made everything more complicated. :scratchhead:

PM me your contact info or email or call and we can confirm your options. 866.844.1245

1 - 10 of 10 Posts