Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a kid on YouTube who I've questioned twice now on the info he's putting out to his viewers. First one was his "392 throttle body". I questioned why he would do that when the 5.7 and 392 use the exact same throttle body. His response was his "tuner" told him the 392 throttle body opened more??? And now he's saying the 5.7 received a different cam in 2017+ that apparently gives the car more power, also info from his "tuner" who is a "Dodge tech". I'm not blaming the kid for anything I just think he's being scammed/misinformed by his "tuner".
Can anyone verify anything he said?
A quick part lookup shows all VVT MDS cams have the same part #, as well as the 392.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
I'm a French Model too...Imagine a world where someone hears something, and tweets then states it as fact with no corroboration...

A Guy

Reactions: Mopar 19 SP

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a French Model too...Imagine a world where someone hears something, and tweets then states it as fact with no corroboration...

A Guy
What's sad is people in the comments were defending this kids claim too, saying their friends with 2017s are way faster than their 2015. No, you just can't drive!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't remember the time stamp but he mentions 2017+ make 20 more whp because of a cam. He is also calling a 392 throttle body a mod he has, which makes no sense cuz it's the same as the stock 5.7 TB. Poor kid was scammed by his tuner

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,005 Posts
Placebo effect in action?

IDK, but it's the same phenomenon that invalidates all but the most obvious butt dyno results when discussing other performance mods, e.g. CAI, TB spacer, etc. And yet, I'm suddenly the jerk trying to start a fight with my (perceived!) accusations of "liar, liar", all because I have the temerity (audacity?) to suggest someone's K&N drop-in air filter didn't really add any performance to their car despite what they think they feel as more power now.

The world is a crazy place filled with crazy, complicated people!

Which is why I have chosen to drink...early and often! But don't worry, alcohol is not a crutch for me, it's merely a device which I have come to depend on to help me make it through everyday life. :whistle:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Placebo effect in action?

IDK, but it's the same phenomenon that invalidates all but the most obvious butt dyno results when discussing other performance mods, e.g. CAI, TB spacer, etc. And yet, I'm suddenly the jerk trying to start a fight with my (perceived!) accusations of "liar, liar", all because I have the temerity (audacity?) to suggest someone's K&N drop-in air filter didn't really add any performance to their car despite what they think they feel as more power now.

The world is a crazy place filled with crazy, complicated people!

Which is why I have chosen to drink...early and often! But don't worry, alcohol is not a crutch for me, it's merely a device which I have come to depend on to help me make it through everyday life. :whistle:
WHAT!!!!! MY K&N DIDNT ADD 100HP!!!!
Call potus, call the army, call someone. I know my spacer added 50, my k&n added 100 and my sxt will outrun a hc. You must need another beer. Rofl

·
Premium Member
10,005 Posts
WHAT!!!!! MY K&N DIDNT ADD 100HP!!!!
Call potus, call the army, call someone. I know my spacer added 50, my k&n added 100 and my sxt will outrun a hc. You must need another beer. Rofl
After carefully studying the datalogs of your last 0-100mph run, I have come to the conclusion that your K&N drop-in filter did in fact increase the max output of the engine by 100HP, but only at redline.

Unfortunately though, the greater air mass suddenly rushing into the air intake system was too much for the TB spacer you installed, and the artificial turbulence the spacer was meant to impart did not occur. In fact, the spacer’s presence caused the larger air charge to straighten out and enter the intake plenum completely unturbulized, which served to sap all that extra HP added by the new filter.

TL;DR - you added 100HP with the filter, but you removed 100HP with the spacer. So your net gain in performance from the mods turned out to be 0HP.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aww you drove the poor kid to pull his video. Lol
Looks like he pulled his whole channel lol. Word on the street is him and his other YT buddies got a visit from the popo for street racing, which they do in almost every video. Although that's just rumours so I can't say for sure

·
Registered
745 Posts
After carefully studying the datalogs of your last 0-100mph run, I have come to the conclusion that your K&N drop-in filter did in fact increase the max output of the engine by 100HP, but only at redline.

Unfortunately though, the greater air mass suddenly rushing into the air intake system was too much for the TB spacer you installed, and the artificial turbulence the spacer was meant to impart did not occur. In fact, the spacer’s presence caused the larger air charge to straighten out and enter the intake plenum completely unturbulized, which served to sap all that extra HP added by the new filter.

TL;DR - you added 100HP with the filter, but you removed 100HP with the spacer. So your net gain in performance from the mods turned out to be 0HP.
Aww man that sucks, maybe my chip added the hp back in. Or maybe its the electric turbo, aka, hair dryer with the converter box to go from 12vto 110. Those go well with the v8 cam i put in the 6 cylinder. Only had to saw 2" off it to get it to fit.

;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks like he pulled his whole channel lol. Word on the street is him and his other YT buddies got a visit from the popo for street racing, which they do in almost every video. Although that's just rumours so I can't say for sure
Ahh to be so smart as to upload your illegal street racing and think its so cool. Geniuses

·
Premium Member
10,005 Posts
In the interest of full disclosure, I feel compelled to confess my own shortcomings in the area of common sense automotive upgrades...

The year was 2003, and I was but a young Nuke, not well versed in the ways of the engine, but eager to make them work better nonetheless. And one day, while perusing the wares for sale at a local Harbor Freight, I ran across a product that promised to increase fuel efficiency while adding performance, all for the low, low price of $20 or something. $20, for more power and better gas mileage?!? Count me in!!

Turns out it did neither. Best I can tell, it did nothing beneficial. And in hindsight, that should have been obvious seeing as it claimed to do the things it promised by using magnetism to break apart the gasoline molecules into shorter and smaller chains of hydrocarbons, thereby making them easier to burn.

It was a two-pack if magnets that you zip tie around a metal fuel line, folks. $20, and it came with the zip tie.

I have since searched around to see if this product is still for sale, but sadly it isnt. It was called the FuelMaster, and it was finally relegated to the dustbin of history at some point prior.

God speed, Fuel Master, God speed...

Reactions: Chllngrswpr

·
Premium Member
10,005 Posts
@Nuke , too bad the guy in the video pulled his channel. You could have sold it to him and got your 20 bucks back.
That Fuel Master I purchased is long gone now, but I have lots of refrigerator magnets and plenty of zip ties, I could whip one up in no time.

Is it just me, or do I smell a money-making opportunity here??

No wait, that’s just the spray paint fumes I’ve been breathing from painting my spoiler...is it just me or does gloss black spray paint taste just like black licorice??

·
Registered
745 Posts
Could be Fuel Master 2.0. Maybe paint the magnets 2 different colors and use a different color for the zip tie. Call it the new and improved Fuel Master 2.0

Red paint is like strawberries so black might be licorice.
Paint and beer dont go well together tho. Liqueur is better with paint fumes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.