Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a kid on YouTube who I've questioned twice now on the info he's putting out to his viewers. First one was his "392 throttle body". I questioned why he would do that when the 5.7 and 392 use the exact same throttle body. His response was his "tuner" told him the 392 throttle body opened more??? And now he's saying the 5.7 received a different cam in 2017+ that apparently gives the car more power, also info from his "tuner" who is a "Dodge tech". I'm not blaming the kid for anything I just think he's being scammed/misinformed by his "tuner".
Can anyone verify anything he said?
A quick part lookup shows all VVT MDS cams have the same part #, as well as the 392.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
I'm a French Model too...Imagine a world where someone hears something, and tweets then states it as fact with no corroboration...

A Guy

Reactions: Mopar 19 SP

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a French Model too...Imagine a world where someone hears something, and tweets then states it as fact with no corroboration...

A Guy
What's sad is people in the comments were defending this kids claim too, saying their friends with 2017s are way faster than their 2015. No, you just can't drive!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't remember the time stamp but he mentions 2017+ make 20 more whp because of a cam. He is also calling a 392 throttle body a mod he has, which makes no sense cuz it's the same as the stock 5.7 TB. Poor kid was scammed by his tuner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts