Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
After contacting AlphaOBD they sent me a 'fixed' version. Once I got that, everything worked as it should - all the options were available and when selecting the right one, everything came on. Hopefully they push this version out for the normal download.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
That looks great! Glad to hear you got it all working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
General info on the upgrade...I got my hands on the wiring diagram for Sound Systems - Premium 2 for a '15 Challenger. Mine is a '16, but chose '15 for the diagram since on the Dodge site the amp pin chart for a '16 was for an amp with two 22-pin plugs, mine has one 22 pin and one 16 pin. This 3 page diagram is cut up poorly into 4 pages (not by me, got it that way). Don't laugh, but I got frustrated jumping page to page and finally just printed it, cut it into 6 pieces and taped them together. Here you go....
Hey everyone and mckpaul ,

I just got a 2019 392 with the Alpine Group 2 speaker setup. So I'll be on here quite a bit..... I want to upgrade my system as well, but will stick with the speakers for now. (I previously had a Mustang GT that I installed 2 15" subwoofers in, but I don't want to go so extreme this time.

Question: Can you share what site you pulled those wiring diagrams from?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey BigAntwone, I got one diagram from JustAnswer. I posted a question on that site and ended up talking to a guy that worked at a Mopar shop who had access to them. He sent me the diagram via email for my 2016. Don't know if you ever dealt with that site, but you there's a small fee initially, was $5 for a trial membership for about a week, and you also tip the person that helped you. After the 5 days you can cancel the membership or pay a membership fee. For me just paying the $5 and the tip was all I wanted, I didn't think I'd use the service enough to enroll on a permanent basis, figured I'd just pay the $5 again for another trial months down the road if I ever needed more info.

BUT, I ran across the radio diagrams somewhere else later on some Mopar site, I'll see if I can figure out where, may be on my work computer. The diagrams were originally one big diagram but they were cut into four pieces so I had to print four pages. I even got a little anal and took a straight edge and razor knife and cut them out and taped them together into one large diagram again, figured if I was under the dash or in the trunk would be easier to follow without flipping pages.

If I can find them again online I'll let you know, but I think there was a link somewhere in a post on this site that took me to the diagrams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds good, let me know if you're able to find them again online. I'm currently taking my car apart and replacing speakers so if anyone on here needs information or pictures for the sound group 2 let me know. It appears Crutchfield has some of the polarities of their wiring backwards on their guide they emailed me, especially for the door speakers. I tested polarity of the stock speakers with a battery.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts