Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Long story short, my 2018 R/T Scat Pack Shaker came with flat black rims, not what I ordered and was assured was available. So any idea where to source? OEM or OEM Replica?
Thanks!
OE Wheels LLC. I have them and love them. They actually look black in the shade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool....love the colour of yours. I did check their site, but couldn't see the 9.5" version-will check again or call them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
The Hyperblack 20x9.5 is 2015 thru 2017 SRT 392 only, the Scat Packs with Dynamics Package come with Black 20x9.5's just like you got. The OEM wheels are crazy expensive but you find them for sale occasionally.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
question

Wheels look great, love that design but can't afford the OEM version. Quick question about them...how much clearance is their between the mounting surface of the hub and the back of the wheel spokes? I upgraded my front brakes and my old aftermarket wheel spokes won't clear the face of the caliper. Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks

OE Wheels LLC. I have them and love them. They actually look black in the shade.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wheels look great, love that design but can't afford the OEM version. Quick question about them...how much clearance is their between the mounting surface of the hub and the back of the wheel spokes? I upgraded my front brakes and my old aftermarket wheel spokes won't clear the face of the caliper. Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks
I'm not sure what size brakes you upgraded to, but I have the Brembo brakes on my Scat Pack. No issues with clearance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mr.Cheez,

I love those hyper black rims, but I was told putting 275.40.20 on a 9" rim is not recommended and I have the dynamics package on my 2018, so I wonder the rims would fit over the 6 piston Brembo? I have washed my hands of the dealer so I don't want to order a set to find out they don't fit. Being in Canada returns would be a PITA.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Dynamics package has bigger Brembo brakes. You might need the 20x9.5 options. I don't know if OE Wheels has that size wheel. I know tirerack and a factory productions makes the Hellcat wheels. You might want to check with them.

Also, I have 275/40 on my wheels with no issues of rubbing

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Honestly, if you're not in the US, I'd see if you can find anyone on Kijiji to trade with you, otherwise have them painted.

If you can't afford OEM forged wheels, then you can't afford aftermarket forged wheels, and cast wheels aren't worth it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
OE Wheels LLC do not offer 9.5" wheels and according to their note, "Does NOT fit vehicles equipped with upgraded or performance brakes such as Brembo."
So If they fit the 4 piston Brembos they must be referring to the 6 piston Brembos.
And going from a 9" wide wheel to a 9.5" wheel does not insure clearance of the 6 piston brakes. The wheel spokes must be designed to provide the needed clearance.

EDIT: hubcaphaven.com offers the actual OE wheel (reconditioned) for $700 each. There are a few Hellcat black version around for sale at a slightly better price. The black Hellcat wheels are much more common than the relatively rare SRT 392 Hyper black wheel. Ask me how I know.

Edit2: I don't understand how they can say "20" Fits Dodge Hellcat Wheels - Hyper Black 20x9" when it doesn't actually fit a Hellcat. ???

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just have them painted. It will cost $200 to $300.
Yeah and get the guy that handled your order and assured you they were available, to pay for them.:|

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah and get the guy that handled your order and assured you they were available, to pay for them.:|
I would actually push for that. Your option is spending much, much more.

If you have a community college in your area with a collision repair program, you could probably get them painted for a standard shop fee + materials.

Better yet (and everyone always hates when I suggest this), find a community college with a painting program or hot rod restoration program, take one term, paint them yourself and learn the skill of painting and mixing. Now you can paint anything, whenever you want.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Too bad you're up in Canada, since I'm debating whether to sell an extra set that I have. I bought them to mount snows on, when I had my '16 SRT 392, and I never did end up using them in the snow.

Frank

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gimme a price and terms, I have a US shipping address and being I am in the Logistics Business I could even get them picked up. I don't really need the tires...but I am sure we can come up with something.
[email protected]

Thx/Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts